COVID-19 Has Taken Away My Senior Year

COVID-19 Has Taken Away My Senior Year

It’s a sad time for all of us but even more of a sad time for us seniors.

18
COVID-19 Has Taken Away My Senior Year
personal image

With the national pandemic of the COVID-19, many schools are cancelling for a while. For many students they're happy about this (because who doesn't love not going to school). But for me, it's my senior year, I'm losing my last time at my high school. I'm not getting to experience school lunch shenanigans with all my friends anymore. I'm not getting to experience morning assembly with the student body anymore. I want to note though, I am in no way trying to come off as selfish because I do want the nation to heal and get over this virus!

I do wish there was some way I could still see all my good buddies and goof off like we used to! But I'm sure this COVID-19 hysteria will all leave just as fast as it came, if America takes time healing precautions. Despite the circumstances I'm trying my best to see the good in the situation no matter how dark it may seem. I'm so thankful for social media and facetime so I can stay in touch with all of my good friends! If I couldn't stay in touch with them through FaceTime or Snapchat I would probably go stir crazy.

Even though our senior sports seasons are cancelled we still are a team and are leaning on each other more than ever! To all the high school seniors who are upset and worried about not going back, we're in this together! Somehow you will get to experience those final games and your final prom!

Don't think you're the only one going through this because thousands of other high school seniors are going through it too! We all need to come together (social distancing of course) and work together as one! We need to take time to heal and grow stronger despite the circumstances!