7 Halloween Costumes For Broke College Students

**Cat and bunny costumes are not included**

23
https://www.history.com/topics/halloween/history-of-halloween
History

Don't fall to the basic animal costumes, you can do better.

1. Unicorn

Pull off a unicorn costume by wearing all white or combining colorful hues like pink, blue and purple. You can spice up this look by pairing it with metallic purple lipstick and contouring your face with matching colorful eyeshadow. This is a time when blue eyeliner with pink eyeshadow will be acceptable, so go for it! To top it off, add stick-on jewels and a unicorn horn from your local Halloween store.

2. Ice Queen/King

For this costume, rock an all-white outfit and get creative with your makeup. Dip into some shimmery white and silver eyeshadows and dust them on your cheek bones, and forehead for a cool contour (ha get it!). To take it one step further, head to walmart and buy some white or silver fabric to wear as your cape, and buy a crown. Or, if you have a white fluffy coat, this outfit can also double as the witch from Narnia.

3. Vampire

To channel your inner Bella or Edward, wear all black. Create a smokey eye, with some black and gray tones on your lower lash line. Fake blood and stick-on injuries from a halloween store are crucial to embody a vampire. Fangs are also a small detail that will really add to this look!

4. Captain Underpants

This silly costume is extremely easy to pull off! The big white underwear and red cape are key. Wear the underwear over some leggings or tights and find a red cape in Target, Walmart, or any store with a Halloween section. Pair it with a neutral shirt of your choice. I can practically guarantee there won't be another Captain Underpants at the party!

5. Zombie Cheerleader

This costume is much easier than it sounds! If you don't have a cheerleader skirt from game day, most girls do so it wouldn't be hard to find. Or if you have time, they're about $15 on Amazon and you can pair it with a tank top and sneakers. Dark eyeshadow and fake blood will help embody the zombie part of this look. Youtube has tons of tutorials on zombie makeup!

6. Greek Goddess

Wear a white dress in your closet or head to a fabric store and buy some white fabric to tie as a dress or shirt and skirt combo. Pair it with gold jewelry and a cuff bracelet to make your outfit pop. Curl your hair and wear it in a loose up-do to bring out your inner goddess!

7. Cheshire Cat

Show your appreciation for your favorite childhood movie by wearing pink and purple, or all black. You can't be a Cheshire cat without the infamous smile though. Either with face paint or makeup, draw on a dramatic smile stretching ear to ear- be sure to include pink tones in your eye makeup and around your face. If you want to go all out, use temporary pink hair dye, or wear pink extensions to really embody this look!