How To Make Your Cosplay Full Of Holiday Cheer

Just add a few Holiday accessories and you're ready for festive December Cosplays.

19
stuffpoint

It's time to grab your Santa caps and Krampus horns kids! Let's talk about turning your already done cosplay into a Holiday Spectacular cosplay by adding a few simple accessories. If you're a scrooge you may want to avoid reading the rest of my article. If you're a big 'ole geek like me that's into over-accessorizing let's go on a holiday adventure.

Here's my Zatanna cosplay before getting a Holiday makeover:

Pretty standard Zatanna cosplay. I'm sure a lot of you have cosplays ready for over-holiday-accessories. I decided to add a red corset to this ensemble, and a candy cane wand. It worked out pretty well. I even got to pull Santa out of my top hat. It was a little difficult, but..anyway, check out the after:

(Photo Credit to David Bruffy of Smoke n Mirrors Photography)

All you need is to incorporate some holiday green and red into your cosplay. Maybe add in a cute Santa hat. If you have an accessory, try adding some ribbon to it. Bows, and fur trim go a long way to make a point of holiday cuteness. If you're an evil character why not play on Krampus? Add some goat horns to your fur trim and Santa jackets. Trust me, you can't go wrong.

Here's another example of a super cute Harley Quinn cosplay:

Why yes this is the adorable Rachel Freeman dressed as Harley Quinn! Notice how she accessorized her cosplay with a Santa hat and a cute little Santa belt! Also note her holiday inspired jewelry. Just try to imagine what your character would wear when dressed up for the holidays. And, who doesn't love cosplay during the holidays?! Scrooges, that's who.

If you would like to see more photos of our Harley Quinn and Zatanna holiday cosplays they can be purchased here. I had a lot of fun working with David Bruffy to bring his Naughy or Nice photoshoot to life. So, if you like boudoir style photography and a cutesy holiday theme check out the link. Happy Holidays my nerdlings!