People Are Putting Their Christmas Lights Back Up During Quarantine

People Are Combating Coronavirus Anxiety With Christmas Lights, And We Love It

Joy is contagious.

445

Coronavirus (affectionately known as COVID-19 amongst the technical folk) is continuing to throw curveballs our way. Events are being canceled, travel is not an option, and pandemic anxiety is at an all-time high. Not only are we reading news stories of virus outbreak, but we're stuck in our homes with nothing to do but read those stories over and over again.

Amidst this stressful predicament, people are finding creative ways to lighten up the mood. The latest isolation pro tip? Putting your Christmas lights back up.

Sure, St. Paddy's Day just passed and Christmas is not coming around any time soon. But if we're all stuck in our homes, why wouldn't we want them to be pretty and comforting? Putting your Christmas lights back up is a welcome distraction and arguably more productive and healthy than watching another episode of "Friends."

SEE ALSO: Let's Get 'Friends' Back On Netflix During The Coronavirus Quarantine

Not only will Christmas lights delight your kids who are home from school, but chances are high they'll bring your neighbors joy as well. It's a rough time right now and everyone's mental health could use a bit of relief and encouragement.

While our government works to figure out a game plan for the virus that's plaguing us, it's our job to do what we can to keep the world spinning. Yes, that means being socially responsible and keeping our distance, washing our hands, and following CDC recommendations to avoid spreading coronavirus. But it also means rallying together to find joy.

Right now, we're all worried about our physical health and the health of our neighbors. That worry can easily take a toll on our mental health, too. But as we move forward in this global crisis, there is an opportunity to spark a strong sense of community. If Christmas lights are the vessel to successfully spread happiness to our neighbors and family, the more the merrier.

After all, a positive attitude is contagious.