Coping With Humiliation

Coping With Humiliation

For those who don't know which way, is the right way.

47
Coping With Humiliation
@NoahSilliman on @unsplash https://unsplash.com/photos/gzhyKEo_cbU

Humiliation.

As humans, we all go through some very tough things. Some worse than others, but pain still exists. Wether you are humiliated because you were called out on something you were doing, or wrongfully humiliated, it never fails to hurt. A lot.

Me, as someone who has experienced this... A LOT I am telling you, although it may hurt, the thing that will heal you is how you handle it.

Yes yes I know, "how you handle each situation is key" is something that we are told all the time. But once you lose all your friends, get embarrassed i front of the entire school, had everything you once thought would be around forever stripped away from you, it's hard to understand how your reaction has an affect on your mind.

You feel as if nothing worse could happen... So what's the point in being the bigger person, or staying kind? You've already lost everything. You're dealing with this situation all in your own, you literally could care less on who you hurt while you are hurting.

It's so hard to be the bigger person when something like this happens. When you're "best friends" betray you. It's so hard.

The first thing you need to do... is admit to yourself what has happened. Everyone around you is talking about it, everyone else has already process what has happened.. Admit what has happened.

Once you admit you're embarrassed and stop putting on the "i don't care what they say or think, i'm fine." face, you will start healing. It is probably the hardest thing to do. To be vulnerable enough to realize that. You will probably be crying for hours, being broken. Genuinely. Shut it feels better to not put up a front that you used as a defense mechanism. "I don't care." Yes, yes you do. And that's okay.

Stay to yourself for a while. When you get humiliated, you really do find out who the real ones are. Find those people, rely on them. Let them help you. Find yourself. Go on a trip or even just go watch the sunset in your hometown. Process your thoughts and realize how valid your emotions are.

You are strong, and will get out of this very painful experience. You always feel like it will never end. But once it does, you will be high on life. You will be stronger, and know your worth.

Grow from your pain, be the bigger person. Feel your emotions. Prove to those who hurt you that you have never needed them and never will.

You will be okay❤️