12 Conversation Starters Used By Kids

12 Conversation Starters Used By Kids

Why be dull when you can be colorful?

38
12 Conversation Starters Used By Kids
Google

After working with kids for as long as I have, I've had far too many interesting conversations to keep track. Most of them make no sense at all, but it's always amusing to see the goofy smiles on the kids' faces as they rant on about something they find so interesting. Talking with adults is completely different. The conversations are forced and boring. We keep things simple and are too concerned with being judged or looking stupid. We could all learn some lessons from kids on the art of conversation. The crazier, the wackier, the more extreme, the better. Why have a boring conversation when you can have an exciting one? The following are direct quotes of what kids have said to me in the past week with the majority of them being conversation starters (talk about starting a conversation with a bang). And, let me tell you, we have a lot to learn from them:

"I got an amazing cup I was dying to have. It's from McDonald's. It's orange."

"When my grandma dies, I'm going to get all her money."

"I can hear everything. I can hear a whale diving in the ocean right now."

"Hey, guess what? I like dogs 100 percent and I only like cats 87 percent."

"My birthday is in kind of a long time. It's in July."

"You know there's this job where after you make the ice cream, you get to eat it."

"Know what I need when I'm an adult? A back scratcher."

"My sister pushed me down when I was walking to the car and she laughed."

"I have six dollars 'cause I grabbed a five and a six."

"Do you know how to use chopsticks? I'm so good at using chopsticks."

"What he built doesn't look good so I told him it's ugly."

"What comes first? Saturn or Jupiter?"