Communication is key.

Communication is key.

Cut to the chase and learn to talk to one another.

11
Communication is key.
Tiffany Rickenbaker

I have found that it is real easy to avoid conflict. Why make a fuss with someone when you can easily just roll it off your shoulder or ignore a sticky situation? The reality behind this is you have to be upfront with others. Being dishonest or closed off to those around you causes more frustration than you really think. The irony is, we shut each other out when we are upset in order to avoid the awkwardness or pain but all that does is upset each other more. Someone who is open about there hurt is more likely to have successful relationships and friendships because they communicate and build stronger trusting bonds. Think about it, would you first go to someone who is always closed off and never talks about what is going on, or go to someone who is always there for you and is open about their lives? In our minds, I think when it comes to conflict with our loved ones we automatically put ourselves as the victim. They did this, they said this, therefore I had a reason to act or say this. Or it could be a situation where the person didn't need intentionally hurt you however, you still took it personally. We could solve a whole lot of problems simply by first recognizing our wrong in the situation, second realizing no one is to blame, and third making a clear and concise argument with that person on how they made you feel. If we all tried to do that then maybe we would have fewer arguments, maybe we could respect each other more and understand better how each other feels.

Don't be the victim, save yourself and your loved one.