Coming To Netflix: 10 Shows To Get You Off Your Feet And Onto Your Couch

What's coming to Netflix In 2016?

34
Google Images

Attention all Netflix binge-watchers: Netflix just announced 11 of their original series that are coming back and the dates that they're premiering. Having to wait one entire year for the series that we love to come back (probably after watching every episode in just a few days) is different from the excitement of watching a new episode every week like we do on TV. So, without further ado, here are the Netflix series that we love that are coming back and some new ones that we can start to fall in love with.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

From executive producers Tina Fey and Robert Carlock, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt follows the story of Kimmy, a woman held in a bunker for years, struggling to reintegrate herself into society. Add a new city, a musical-obsessed roommate, a teenage kid who really doesn't want a nanny and it's time to see just how unbreakable Kimmy really is. And that was just season 1. Season 2 premieres April 15, so get ready to delve back into Kimmy's adventures.

House Of Cards

House of Cards is entering into it's fourth season. Season 4 will most likely cover the turmoils of Frank and Claire Underwood's failing marriage and how they're going to handle that in the public sphere. Rumors say that Claire might even run against her (ex)husband in the coming presidential elections. Season 4 premieres on March 4th.

Orange is the New Black

Ever since Piper and her fellow convicts at Litchfield Penitentiary hit Netflix in 2013, Orange is the New Black has taken the world by storm. Finding characters we love and then end up hating is what this show is all about, and season 4 is just going to heighten those feelings. This season is going to hold boatloads of new drama, some new characters and maybe some new insights into characters we already love, so mark June 17 on your calendars.

Grace and Frankie

This series follows Grace, a retired cosmetics mogul, and Frankie, a hippie art teacher, who are both married to successful divorce lawyers in San Diego. The series takes a spin when their husbands announce that they're in love with each other and are leaving their wives. After being hit with this news, the women who really never liked each other, are forced to live together and support one another as they try to maneuver this new part of their life. Season 2 is sure to bring more twists and turns for this unlikely pair of women, so tune in on May 6th.

Marseilles

If you enjoy foreign shows, then this one is for you. Netflix has been in the works of creating a french-language original series that will cover a tale of power, corruption and redemption. Marseille centers on Robert Taro, mayor of the Southern French city for 25 years. The upcoming elections have him face the man he chose as his successor, an ambitious young politician. The contender is as ruthless as Taro in the battle for power. Throw in some added drama and this series is sure to put us through quite a ride. The series premieres May 5th.

Flaked

Will Arnett stars in this eight-episode comedy, which is set in the insular world of Venice, California. The series centers on a self-appointed guru who falls for his best friend's love interest. Arnett plays Chip, a man doing his “honest best to stay one step ahead of his own lies,” according to the producers. Flaked premieres on March 11th.

Fuller House

Fuller House takes off years after the Full House series ended. Much like the drama that started like the first series, Fuller House follows D.J. Tanner-Fuller, a widow and mother of three. When things get to be too much for D.J., she asks Stephanie, her sister, and her best friend Kimmy for help with raising her kids. The series premieres on the 26th of February.

LOVE

LOVE follows Gus and Mickey as they navigate the exhilarations and humiliations of intimacy, commitment, and other things they were hoping to avoid. Having recently ended their respective dysfunctional relationships, Gus and Mickey meet each other by chance at a convenience store and forge a connection in the mending of their broken hearts and egos." The series premieres February 11th.

The Ranch

The Ranch follows the life of two brothers trying to successfully run a business on a Colorado ranch. Two of the main actors of That 70's Show reunite through this series, so we know we'll be in for a funny time, so don't forget to check Netflix on April 1st.

The Get Down

The Get Down centers on 1970s New York City dying. Living in a city of rubble, a crew in South Bronx teenagers are nobodies and have no one able to shelter them, besides each other. The Get Down is a musical series that delves into how New York is at the brink of bankruptcy and gave birth to hip-hop, punk and disco—told through the lives of the South Bronx kids. This series premieres on August 12th.