Come Chow Down In Middletown, New Jersey

Take a drive down Highway 35, and you'll never go hungry.

14
duck donuts

Middletown, New Jersey, is home to some of the best places to chow down. There are so many classic restaurant chains to choose from such as Houlihans, Outback Steakhouse, Chili's and so much more. For me, there are five specific places that everyone must check out when in Middletown. Some of these places have a special place in my heart growing up in the area. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can't go five feet without finding a place to eat on Highway 35.

New Monmouth Diner is the best eating establishment in the area. They do everything and anything they can for the surrounding community, and they frequently have child friendly activities, such as a visit from a popular Disney Princess or cartoon character every now and then. The diner has a classic '50s look to it and incredible food. You can eat breakfast at any time of the day, and if you go for dinner, make sure you get the dinner rolls. They're one of the best perks. Overall, the prices are family friendly, making your wallet and you very happy. The staff are also the friendliest people you will ever meet. Nothing screams "Middletown" like the New Monmouth Diner. Ask anyone who has grown up there, it has been around for a long time and it only gets better with each passing year.

Fratelli's Pizzeria is located in one of the many shopping centers of Middletown: Union Square. It's real Italian style cuisine. The owners are the most incredible people, and the staff pretty much knows everyone whether or not you're a regular customer. The decor on the inside is molto bello. If you order to your house, you can expect your food to arrive within 45 minutes, if not in less time. Out of all of the pizza in Middletown, this is definitely the place I recommend.

Duck Donuts is the place to go for the most exotic donuts you will ever have the pleasure of savoring in your mouth. Sure, you have Dunkin, but you'll never find anything like Duck Donuts. They have bacon and maple syrup covered donuts, I mean, where else can you find something that delicious? High schooler in need of a job? Might want to check out this place. It's close to High School North, and the prices are just in a teenager's range.

Meemom's is a great place to go if you're hankering for some french toast. They have a great variety to choose from. It's small in terms of building space, but big in food portions. The prices are reasonable, and the menu will have you laughing with some of the food names. It's one of the busiest breakfast places in the area besides the Turning Point, and you never have to wait long to be seated or to put in your order. You can find Meemom's right by Shop Rite on highway 35.

Bonefish Grill is never empty. It is located in the shopping center with Whole Foods. While fancier in food and decor, it is the place to be on a Friday night. They always have great music playing and firecracker shrimp are a must have. Don't like seafood? That's okay! They have plenty of non-seafood options to choose from as well.

So, if you ever find yourself with an empty stomach, come down to Middletown, New Jersey. We'll be sure to meet your foodie needs.