A College Students' Guide To October

A College Students' Guide To October

because our wallets, GPAs, and livers will thank us

6
A College Students' Guide To October
North Bridge Times

With leaves changing, classes picking up, and the threat of snow looming above us, all college students are preparing for what fall may bring them. As the heat of September fades away and the Halloween decorations go up, here is a general guide on how to survive the emotional rollercoaster that is October.

Classes first, Costumes Second

Yes, we all know Halloween is coming up, and no I do not know what I am going to be yet. While the promise of costumes galore is a simple click away, no costume can disguise your midterm grades.

Just because it is fall, does not mean you need a whole new wardrobe.

Trust me, fall is my favorite season to dress for too. It is finally cool enough to wear sweaters and booties without freezing your butt off in the snow. However, I promise that paying your energy bill will keep you much warmer than that new jacket.

October means fall break, and fall break means no class.

I am just as tired of my politics class as the next person, but with fall break in a week, I know that missing class this week is pointless if I have a week without it next week. If you can make it through your month with the promise of fall break, your grades and your professors will thank you.

Snow happens

Leaving your house two minutes before class starts is idealistic enough in the summer, but when October rolls around, so does snow. Rushing to class in the snow is not worth risking your car, or your life. Wake up a few minutes early and give yourself time to get around.

Baking gets you through everything.

It may seem cliche as it comes, but October means pumpkin and pumpkin means the baking games have changed. I have found that baking is a great stress reducer and a reward for all of your hard work. I can be a great way to bond with your roommates and to make friends with the neighbors that think you're too loud.

Halloween is not an excuse to get sloppy.

For your sake, and for the sake of your friends that have to take care of you, don't let halloween be your guilt free pass to get alcohol poisoning. Halloween is an opportunity to blow off steam for college students conquering midterms and pre-exam month, but it is also an opportunity to represent yourself in a positive manner. Dress up, go out, have fun, and above all, get home safe.