college things freshmen forget

13 Things All College Freshmen NEED To Make It Through The Semester

3. Surge protector

33
https://pixabay.com/en/university-education-school-2119707/

When you start shopping for all the stuff you'll need for moving into your college dorm freshmen year, you always think you have everything you need, until move-in day comes and you realize there are so many things you should have bought or remembered from home. So here are some of the most important things you'll need when entering college your freshmen year!

Hangers

Things won't just hang themselves in the closet and you may not have a big dresser like you had expected, so be prepared.

Plastic 3-Drawer Organizers

Once again, you may not know the exact storage you'll have and you can use these things to store anything! Clothes, food, sanitary products... They can do it all!

Surge Protector

Outlets will be tight with roommates! You'll need to make sure you can charge and plug in everything you need.

Long Cords For TVs

You'll have no idea where the cable outlet is in the room and where you and your roommate(s) will want the tv so if you plan on having on make sure you have a very long cable.

Step Stool

If you plan on putting your bed up really high and you aren't the tallest person in the world, having a step stool is a great idea to help you get up and down from your bed. You could also use it while decorating and not have to climb on other furniture.

Portable Chargers

If you have class for long periods of time, you won't be able to just plug your phone into the wall so having one of these is a great idea. Make sure you bring an extra cord to connect it to your phone too!

Laundry Detergent and Supplies

This may be the first time in your life that you'll have to do your own laundry, so make sure you have everything you need to do your own laundry (detergent, fabric softener,dryer sheets)!

Medicine For Every Ache

From a stomach ache and cold to weak muscles and allergies, you'll need to have the medicine to take in case it happens to you.

Ear Plugs

You never know who will be living in the room next door and being loud the night before you have an exam at 8:00 A.M. so you might as well be prepared.

Shower Flip Flops

You'll be showering in the same place as many other people and want to keep your feet safe and clean.

Coffee Maker

College is a lot different than high school and you'll need energy for early classes and for days after late nights! Having your own coffee maker will save you money from buying it at the coffee place on campus every day.

You or your friends hay have an accident and need something. It's better to be safe rather than sorry.

Batteries

You're going to have a lot of stuff, but none of it will be useful if you don't have the correct batteries for it! A lot of things say "batteries not included" in small print so be prepared.