A Letter To My College Self

the journey to College graduation: don't forget all that you went through to get here

My last semester is approaching. Here is a letter to my future self to not forget where you've been.

56
college graduation
Author's Photo

Dear Future Me,

As we approach the last semester before the graduation of college, we have gone through so many changes. We have gone through some challenges and have accomplished what we only dreamed we could. Through all the obstacles we encountered, we stayed strong. As we move forward to graduation, we don't want to forget all the hard work we put in to get here. As we move forward into the workforce and other major life-changing chapters, I want to say a few things.

Let's not forget to work hard.

Stay dedicated and do not get discouraged from all that life has to offer. We have gained and lost friends, and we have had some heartbreaks as well. Through all the chaos, drama and giant life changes from entering college and switching schools and majors, we have come through to the end. If we have learned anything in our journey through college, we have learned that procrastination helps no one and cramming for exams only makes our test scores worse.

We have had more new experiences and gained more new skills and new leadership abilities than we ever thought possible. We know that organization is the key to success, and having a job and going to school makes this skill even more important.

Over the last two years, we have worked and gone to school, and this created stress and challenges that we overcame. We learned that it is OK to ask for help and learned when to let go. Now that graduation is near, we are learning that independence is coming closer. New responsibilities and challenges await in the last semester before graduation, but with everything we have been through this semester, it should be the best one yet.

To my future self: never lose the passion you have that made you want to go to college. Keep the motivation to constantly help everyone you can, and do not let anyone else define who you are. I hope that when you look back on this letter, you see that you have come such a long way and that I am proud of you.

You are loved, you are worth the world, and you are beautiful just the way you are! Stay proud and confident knowing that you accomplished what few could.

Sincerely,

A Soon-To-Be-College Graduate!