the college food issue

the college food struggle is just too real

Every college kid knows how valuable food in college really is.

52

If you're in college currently or have been in college, then most likely you already know that food is damn near the most valuable thing a student can have at a time. It might be beaten by money, but then again you can't eat money right away, so that is up to people's own opinion.

When you have food in college, I swear your happiness levels go up at least three points on a 10-point scale. You could've just failed an exam that was worth 20% of your grade, but if you can come home to some food, your day gets just a little better. If you don't have any food though, then you'll just become madder at yourself because you failed an exam and you have no food, so really there is no escape for you.

You do have to be careful though because when you have food and your other roommates don't, they will try and finesse your food from you slowly. If you're that roommate trying to get some of your other roommate's food, you must be very slick and methodical with it so you don't get caught.

I have seen first-hand people almost fight because of someone eating another person's leftovers. But if your food is being taken you must act swiftly and deal some kind of punishment to that person or else you risk other people seeing that you don't care and then sooner or later you will have no food left and you're left asking yourself where did it all go. If that happens then you have no one else to blame than yourself.

There are also some very risky choices when it comes down to eating food. For example, one time this year I had to make the choice of whether to eat Mac and Cheese for the 4th time in a row or risk it and make one of two frozen pizzas that weren't really frozen anymore and was perhaps sitting outside for a bit too long. Well, I made the choice to go with the not-too-frozen frozen pizza thinking that if I cook it a lot it should be all good.

Let's just say that I made the wrong choice by a long shot and ended up getting food poisoning the next day (which happened to be a Friday) and was out of commission all day and all night. A week later though I was down to another decision with the other frozen pizza and I decided to risk it all and hoped that the 2nd time was the charm, and luckily for me it was and I didn't get food poisoning the 2nd time.

Those are the choices I'm talking about that normally most people wouldn't think twice about, but in college when money is very limited and food just as much limited there sometimes are hard decisions. Do I waste those two frozen pizzas that I spent $7 on or do I go for it and risk getting sick? Well everyone knows the direction I went now and it worked out in my favor one out of two times, so if you like those odds be ready to roll the dice as I did in college.

In college, you quite literally might have to risk it for the biscuit.