Clue Is The App You Need For Period And Ovulation Tracking

I've used this app for the past few months, here are my thoughts.

183
Luke Porter

For the past two or three months, I decided to visit a very popular app. It's called Clue. No, it's not a game of any kind, it's for women...who have cycles...to track them.

Clue is an app designed to help women track their monthly cycles. It does this based on what you, the one having the cycles, tell the app. One cool thing about the tracking is that you can modify what exactly you want to track.The app lets you track anything from bleeding to cravings, exercise, it even lets you add your own tags.

I initially decided to use it because I wanted to know a few things: if it can tell me when my period will start, if it will help me see a pattern regarding that time of the month, and if it will let me take birth control into account for "predicting ovulation." I have to say, I was pretty impressed.

The first thing I wanted to know is if it could tell me when my period started and ended, and if it did not get it exactly right, it got pretty close. Clue makes these predictions based on the information you give it.

If your period starts a day early or late, you have to indicate that, then it will modify. However, I would like for the app to let me indicate when the actual first day of my period is and not let my flow indicate it.

Then, I wanted to know if it will show me a pattern with my cycles. Clue is nice enough to allow you "cycle reports," reports that you download that show you the patterns they've picked up on based on your use of the app.

I've learned that the first day is the worst day and after that, smooth- sailing from there. It also gives a rough estimate of how long it would be. It also tells you if your cycle is within the normal range, how long your shortest and longest are, and if they are within normal.

Finally on the criteria is if it allows me to take birth control into account for "predicting ovulation." Usually, it tracks the period (the beginning of the cycle), the fertile window and the day you're ovulating. However, for all of us who do not want to make our mothers grandmothers yet, if you go to tracking options, you have the option to track that birth control.

I am on the pill, so I selected pill. However, you can indicate IUD, the patch, and the ring as well. For the pill, I set an 8 P.M. reminder, and I track when I take it. If I'm late, it lets me know the proper protocol depending on how late I am.

Even better, it tells me how my period is different due to being on the pill (yes, same pain but for a different reason). Since I track birth control pill use, it does not detect my "fertile window" because it knows that the goal is not to make mom a grandmother yet.

Overall, I like the Clue app. I have tried other apps for this purpose, and this is the best one I've used. I like the attention to detail and having everything I need to know. Do you use an app for tracking your cycle?