E-Cigarettes Are Still As Much Of A Death Stick As Cigarettes

Studies have also shown that these cigarettes can also cause airway resistance, preventing a person from breathing at the normal rate; which is technically what regular tobacco cigarettes also do.

43

Smoking is the number one reason why people die in the U.S every year. Ranging from young teenagers to middle-aged adults, this abhorrent addiction has caught almost everyone. So what is it that is increasing the death tolls amongst these people? The answer is an electronic cigarette. An electronic cigarette is a vaporizer that releases water vapor, instead of real smoke, that apparently helps “save” lives. The invention of the electronic cigarette promotes the use of these addictive products and increases the death rate from year to year. The use of e-cigarettes does not guarantee to be a safer alternative to tobacco cigarettes, reminding society of the potential threats that they can pose.

Over excessive usage of e-cigarettes can lead to some major threats to a person’s health. The first threat, as for any tobacco product, is that they harm the respiratory system of the human body. Studies have also shown that these cigarettes can also cause airway resistance, preventing a person from breathing at the normal rate; which is technically what regular tobacco cigarettes also do. This means that every person who uses an electronic cigarette has significant airway resistance in the lungs. This can potentially harm the human brain and other functions of the body as well. The worst part is that many people are not even aware of these threats and assume that e-cigarettes have no fatal health risks, but the truth is that e-cigarettes do cause damage to bodily functions.

While many people say that using e-cigarettes can help them overcome the addiction to smoking, some also say that e-cigarettes are safer and better than regular tobacco cigarettes. Others claim that e-cigarettes help eliminate a smoker’s cough and make them feel much better. Although the electronic cigarette is safer, in a way, it still has its harmful effects. For example, the e-cigarette still delivers nicotine, which makes the brain get addicted to it, resulting in a higher intake. E-cigarettes can still emit a small quantity of aerosols and other harmful chemicals into the body, which is not healthy or safer in any way.

Therefore, even though there are some positive factors to the e-cigarettes, the negative factors outnumber the positive factors and still prove that e-cigarettes are not a safer alternative. E-cigarettes cannot be regarded as something that is not harmful to the human body. The use of such products does not necessarily guarantee that it is safer to use than conventional tobacco cigarettes, reminding society of the dangerous risks that come with it. People should know that with every addiction comes a great risk. The reality is that every type of smoking is a threat to health.