Christmas Shopping

Christmas Shopping

10 emotions we experience while Christmas Shopping.

12
Christmas Shopping
goodhousekeeping.com

Christmas Time is Here! The big day is just 6 short days away, but DON'T PANIC! You still have time! A very short amount of time...but you've got it! At this point you're probably a little nervous to try online shopping for anything in fear that it won't arrive on time. Good call. That means you're inevitably going to have to brave actual stores in real life. Good luck with that. We've all been there, though. I'm there right now! I love shopping but the stores are crowded, germs are flying, and money is getting tighter. It's a bit of a nightmare but it's all worth it in the end. Just so you know you're not alone, here's a little "gif skit" of a worst case shopping scenario. These are 10 of the emotions we all journey through when last minute shopping.

1. Crushed Dreams

You get to the store only to find that the book you wanted to get your mom has sold out and is on back order! **Side Note: The only other book store is across town and there's terrible traffic.

2. New Hope

Stay Calm! You remember your mom said something about running out of perfume and you happen to know it's on sale at Sephora.

3. False Sense of Control

Feeling good about solving that crisis you decide to spend some time shopping for yourself while you're there.

4. Family Frustrations

As you're walking triumphantly out of the store your sibling calls to tell you they found mom the perfect gift... some new perfume.

5. Plain and Simple Irritation

Out of ideas and not wanting to spend money on something she wouldn't use, you try calling her to ask her what she wants. However, in true "Mom" fashion she just responds, "Don't worry about me. I don't need anything." This, of course, is unhelpful.

6. Traffic Madness

You take a deep breath and decide to brave the holiday traffic... then get stuck in it.

7. "Bah! Humbug!"

Only to find that the book is once again sold out.

8. Resurgence of Christmas Cheer

Finally you realize, that Christmas isn't about the perfect gift. It's about showing people that you care. It's about love and togetherness. Maybe you won't give the perfect gift, but you'll make someone happy just by showing them you cared.

9.Triumph

You head home with a bookstore gift card, having finally beaten Christmas shopping. Mission accomplished! Good for you!!

10. Sudden Realization

You crawl into bed, get cozy listening to some Christmas music, sipping cocoa when it hits you... There are still 4 people on your list!

Merry Christmas!