Christmas & A New Year

Christmas & A New Year

Holiday Cheer that Continues

12
Christmas & A New Year
google

Growing up we were all taught the true meaning of Christmas in some shape or form. Yes I realize not everyone believes in these thing due to differences in cultures and religion, however I think everyone can agree that Christmas like many other holidays is time to spend with family and enjoy each others company. As I grew up that meaning became more and more clear. This year I'll be spending Christmas with my family, my boyfriend's family, as well as celebrating and patiently waiting the May arrival of our daughter that will only add more joy into the late, but never ending Christmas holiday. Yes we put up a beautiful tree every year, we sang Christmas songs in the car, and like many other families we wrapped gifts and assorted the many different wrapping papers under the tree as we awaited Christmas day. We've spent many hours riding around and looking at Christmas lights, and just soaking in the changing sensory that would be so familiar any other time of year. I look forward to this holiday every year and every year it becomes more special. Every year is busy because there is so much to do in such a short amount of time however we somehow manage to always get it done. We spend time soaking up every moment and telling old stories from Christmases past, as well as stories of loved ones who are no longer with us to celebrate here on Earth. So Here I am the week before Christmas writing this article, and by the time this is published you'll be reading it a few days after the holiday so here's to hoping everyone's holiday was a great one to remember. however I hope everyone keeps in mind the real meaning of Christmas, set aside the gifts and all the new gizmos and gadgets and think about the laughs, even some tears over "Christmas letters", and making sure that you make this Christmas worth it. I hope that as we wrap up the holidays and begin our journey into 2017 that we can remember all the things that made this year so wonderful and even the bumps we hit along the way so that we can prepare to make 2017 the best year yet. So with that being said, soak it all in, laugh a lot, eat until your pants are too tight, and make a new year's resolution whether you've stuck to them in the past or not. Give the end of the year your best shot, and do your best to start off 2017 right. Happy Holidays!