Why Christmas Is The Most Wonderful Time Of Year

29

There is nothing more exciting than a long, well-needed, and well-earned break from school...I mean who doesn't enjoy not having to wake up early!?! Other thank Summer, Thanksgiving and Spring Break, you have mid-year break, CHRISTMAS. I love love love this holiday. The decorations, Christmas carols, food, presents, family, etc. Everything is decorated so nicely and people with the most wonderful voices walk the streets singing to those who need to smile a little more:) Here are my reasons as to why Christmas is wonderful

1) no school

After mid-terms, finals, semester tests, EVERYONE is ready for a break. Students look forward to nothing more than sleeping in and stuffing their face with every piece of food in sight. Oh, and let's not forget, NO HOMEWORK.

2) food

As I said in my previous article, "5 Reasons to be excited for Thanksgiving", everyone loves food and no one appreciates it more than college students.

3) sleep

Do I really need to explain this one?

4) decorations

I love almost every color and to be able to see all of them decorated neatly and in different ways, warms my heart. I love decorating and I love to see all of the masterpieces that are put together by everyone.

5) Christmas Carols

Nothing is more enjoyable than sitting by the fire with a blanket and hot chocolate while listening to the classic Carol of the Bells.

6) Presents

I don't know about you, but I love receiving and I love giving gifts. The smile that I see on my nephew's face when he sees that he finally got what he has wanted for so long, melts my heart and let's me know that this is why I enjoy the hassle on Black Friday.

7) The True Meaning of Christmas

I don't know everyone's beliefs, but I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus was born on Christmas Day. All while the presents, food and family time is nice, let's not forget the reason why this holiday ever existed.

8) family time

I love getting to catch up with family members, whom some of them I only get to see three times a year...I love chasing and playing with the little ones, I love hearing my older family members stories about past Christmas celebrations and good ole times. I enjoy getting to see everyone get along and not bicker and argue at each other. I love the quality I get to spend to myself within those moments. I love getting to relax and enjoy life with people who mean the most to me.

Some of you may and some of you may not agree with me, but this is why I believe Christmas is the most wonderful time of year! Why do you find it enjoyable?