Holiday Magic Fades Away As Soon As You're An 'Adult' During Christmas
Christianity

Everyone loves Christmas, except maybe teenagers who are stuck in this weird time frame where we are transitioning into adults.

375

You heard it here first, Christmas as a teenager is usually a bust. I think all of us wish we could go back to when we were young and super excited for Christmas. Especially once you hit the age when you are considered an "adult," Christmas tends to not be the same and it sucks!

Once you figure out the "Santa" situation, it seems to go downhill from there. You feel sad, betrayed and confused as to why you have been lied to for all those years. What I would give to be young and naïve again because hitting adulthood means you get to play Santa now. Younger siblings? Get ready to stay up until they anxiously fall asleep so that you can put all the presents under the tree and make sure everything is played out in a believable way.

The Christmas when your parents ask you to help wrap presents and/or put presents under the tree is the day you are unfortunately labeled as an adult.

Don't even get me started on the presents that are given to you as an adult. From experience, I have learned that ages 16-19 are the worst ages for gifting. You are right in between teenager and young adult, so your family really has no idea what to get you. So what do they do? Just decide to slip you some money, which is awesome don't get me wrong, but it just isn't the same as opening a present.

If you do happen to get some gifts, they're usually shower things or a whole bunch of lotions and scents because your family is at a loss and maybe still thinks you smell like a teenager going through puberty. Ouch! A jab at your pride, but you can't blame them since they are clueless.

Traditions becoming tiring, everyone else seems to be so excited and festive and you feel blah.

Growing up is the worst, especially in the sense of Christmas time. I have been told it gets better though — when you have a family of your own — so, you just have to put on your Santa suit and enjoy the long ride of being an adult on Christmas.