Lyrics Mean more Than We Think

12 songs that have a greater meaning behind the lyrics

Listening to the words behind the song can be very moving.

497
https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/christian-music-could-be-the-next-craze-for-country/

Christian music is such a big part of my life. There is a Christian song for everything like the song "Surrounded (Fight My Battles) by Upperroom", this is a great song for getting through a tough time in life.

1. Through It All by Colton Dixon.

This song reminds us that though everything that we go through in life, God is there with us and He is guiding us. In the song it says "Life's been a journey I've seen joy, I've seen regret Oh and You have been my God Through all of it". God is so amazing and it is very cool to see that God is with us through everything.

2. You Are Loved by Stars Go Dim

This song is VERY good for anyone struggling with themselves. The lyrics in this song are SO true and everyone needs to hear this! In the song it says "You are loved, if your heart's in a thousand pieces, if you're lost and you're far from reason Just look up; know you are loved Just look up; and know you are loved When it feels like something's missing If it hurts but you can't find healing Just look up, know you are loved"

3. Breathe by Jonny Diaz

This song is such a great reminder to take a deep breath in between all the craziness of life. At some point in life we are all struggling with stress or other things life throws at us. In the song it says, "Breathe, just breathe Come and rest at my feet And be, just be Chaos calls but all you really need Is to just breathe". Just Breathe and thank God for what you have!

4. Strong Enough by Matthew West

In life we all struggle with different things like having self confidence or handling a hard situation. This song is about how God is there for us and can help us be strong enough to get through whatever it is. In the song it says, "I know I'm not strong enough to be everything that I'm supposed to be I give up I'm not strong enough, hands of mercy won't you cover me Lord right now I'm asking you to be strong enough". This song will always be my favorite song!

5. Reckless Love by Cory Asbury

This song has become a very popular one in the last couple months. Throughout this song, it talks about how God shows us overwhelming, never ending love. God is amazing beyond belief and is a great father. In the song it says, "I couldn't earn it, and I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God". It is amazing how God still loves us even when we make mistakes and do not listen to him.

6. Fear Is a Liar by Zach Williams

This song is very very moving to anyone who is going through a hard time in life and dealing with self confidence. In the song it says, "Fear he is a liar He will rob your rest Steal your happiness Cast your fear in the fire' Cause fear he is a liar". In the song, it is talking about people getting in your head and telling you that you aren't worth it. The music video is very sad but eye opening. It is a great feeling that God is with us and always will be.

7. Wide Open by North Point Inside Out Feat. Clay Finnesand

This song is really pulls on the heart strings. It is talking about how God is always there for us and He has his arms wide open. God is absolutely amazing and created the best place for us to grow in faith with Him. In the song it says, "On the other side of everything I'm afraid of you are standing with your arms wide open, wide open even in my deepest doubts and wonder you are standing with your arms wide open, wide open". After listening to this song, it gives us another reason to worship God and love him.

8. Proud by Influence Music Feat. Melody Noel

This song is so comforting. Throughout the song it talks about how God is proud of us even though we have a lot on our plates. In the song it says, "Am I walking on the path that you set out? Up on heavens balcony you're lookin' down and I've had my doubts, are you proud?". This song is such an inspiration and can help anyone's mood!

9. Air I Breathe By Mat Kearney

This song is talking about how God is with is in everything we do and as christians we should share his word to others. Everytime we talk it should be for God. In the song it says, " You are the air I breathe you are the song I bleed you are the war that I can't win this is my white flag in the wind every word you speak." Knowing that God is with us in everything is very heartening.

10. Even When It Hurts by Hillsong Worship

This song is talking about when life is hard and is testing our faith, we will praise our God. Life is definitely hard and there are many things that try to come in between our relationship with God. In the song it says, "Even when the fight seems lost I'll praise you even when it hurts like hell I'll praise you even when it makes no sense to sing louder then I'll sing your praise." God is very forgiving and will always try to push us to the fullest.

11. Blessings by Laura Story

This song is such a great reminder that God gives us blessings that we can be very grateful for. In the song it says, "'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops, what if your healing comes through tears, what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you're near what if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise." This song is an amazing way of showing what God does for us even if they are not direct.

12. Different by Micah Tyler

This song is such an eye opening song. Everyone struggles with difficulties in life like storms or cancer but God is always the same and will always help us get through these difficulties. In the song it says, "I wanna be different I wanna be changed 'til all of me is gone and all that remains is a fire so bright the whole world can see." People want the situation to be changed for better but little to people know that God gave you this hard situation to grow closer to God and so God can teach you something.