It's my response to Chris Pratt's MTV speech about God.

I wrote a letter to chris pratt about his MTV awards Speech

I was inspired to write him a letter after his MTV Awards Generation Award Speech

572
Chris Pratt/Instagram

The following is a letter I wrote to Chris Pratt. It was inspired by his MTV speech about tips when at a party, praying, being better than a bully, and God. If you want, read the letter:

Dear Chris Pratt,

You have entertained me on and off the movie screen for years now. From funny clips of you and Jennifer Lawrence trading insults to you being a part of the new Jurassic Park movies, it has been a treat to see you be yourself and down-to-earth characters. I especially laugh at how relatable "Star Lord" (Peter Quill) is. Peter Quill is hilarious, a little too proud most of the time, and protective of his friends. I don't think I would like Star Lord as much if you weren't portraying that character.

I knew I liked you as a person before I knew you were an outspoken Christian. I'm filled with hope whenever a Hollywood star points people back to God and Jesus Christ any chance they get. That takes courage and humility - two things often lacking in Hollywood when it comes to faith.

I bring up the Christian thing because you just gave a hilarious and heartfelt speech at the MTV awards when you received the Generation Award. By the way, congratulations. Your "9 Rules for the next generation to live by" covers a range of topics - like how to minimize embarrassment when pooping at a party (which had me cracking up) to taking care of your soul, praying, and believing in God.

I found the speech really endearing, the style was 100% you, and although some Christians are disappointed you didn't discuss God in more depth, I think you did a fabulous job. I think you considered your audience before you spoke, which is wise. You were probably dealing with an audience of mixed beliefs, so switching from in-general life advice to Christian truths was smart. You kept half the speech filled with good humored fun and interlaced it with enough truth to get people talking or thinking about God more seriously. Therefore, I must thank you. Someone who listened to your speech is probably researching Christianity right now. At least, that's what I hope.

Before I wrote this letter, I did some research on you. You went through a recent divorce with Anna Faris, with whom you have a five-year-old son named Jack. Since your split last winter, she has a serious boyfriend and you have been going on dates here and there.

Some Christian websites wonder if your growing faith in Christianity played a part in the divorce or not. I wonder that too, but that's a personal question I am not going to ask you. Your private life should stay private since so much of your life is in front of the cameras. You deserve privacy when you ask for it in family matters. Whatever the case is, I hope you continue growing closer to God, stay chaste, and help your son and your fans do the same.

I'm not really going to talk about how Christ, Paul in his letter to the Corinthians, and the Catholic Church advise on divorce and what should and could happen after divorce. I'm not smart enough (hence the links I put above) but all I want to say is that true healing from whatever happened comes from Christ alone, so keep chasing after him. You'll find what you need and more.

I know you will probably never read this, and that's okay. I wanted my friends who read my Odyssey blog articles to see what I think of you, your MTV speech, and more. Again, I really liked your speech. Actually, was it possibly edited during a part of the last two rules? If so, maybe you should talk to MTV about it.

The coolest part about your MTV speech is that it isn't the first time you praised God and Jesus Christ at an awards show. You talked about Jesus at the 2017 Teen Choice Awards. This one was another good speech that included a funny story about your start to stardom.

Another thing that is cool is you seem to be walking the talk as well. As Christians, we are called to serve our community (James 3:14-26) and preach the Gospel. You serve your community, which is so important and as you put it in your MTV speech, "good for the soul." It really is.

Chris Pratt, please stay humble, hilarious, and Christian. You're offering people a chance to think more about God, and for that I am very grateful. Please continue growing in faith, being a Hollywood Christian role model, and making disciples of nations. It's what every Christian is called to do.

Then Jesus approached and said to them, "All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always until the end of the age."

Matthew 28: 18-20

Sincerely,

Brooke Masterson

Disclaimer:

The above letter is written with the full knowledge that Chris Pratt is a human being, which means he is a sinner, just like all of us. In my opinion, that makes his message 1) more easy to relate to, because he struggles with stuff too and 2) cool, because with his speech he put his Christian faith under the microscope to get God's name out there. He's a Christian brother, and I am going to pray for him and the other Christian Hollywood stars trying to live faithfully. I encourage you to pray for our famous Christian brothers and sisters, too. Nobody's perfect, but prayers will help us get there.