Choose Joy

Choose Joy

Joy is not a feeling, it is a decision.

Discovering the difference between joy and most every other emotion is an amazing thing. I believe that joy occurs when people get appreciative and thankful, for all types of things. Joy is so powerful in our lives, and it can either make or break us, completely in our control.

I can honestly say that it has taken probably way to long for me to realize that as humans, we control our joy. And that is exactly how it should be. Life and joy go together, but most importantly, Jesus and joy really go together. Joy is of course a good feeling but there are always things the enemy will throw our way just to get in the way of our joy, like joy jammers. I can sit here and name a ton of joy jammers, but there are a few that really stick out in my mind. Fear is a complete joy jammer, and does nothing but build up walls. Selfishness can also sneak into us humans extremely easily, and isolate us. I think that the enemy wants us completely isolated, obviously from everything good and lovely. But I am here to tell you that no one needs to dance alone. Bitterness can tear us apart, so don't be bitter! Be happy for everyone around you, and sincerely want them to succeed just like you want yourself to. Sin and guilt are also a huge factor when it comes to our joy. Life is too short to live in sin and guilt. Why lose joy when it is under your control to change it? It is okay to admit that you have lost some joy if you have. That is kind of like the first step to choosing to get it back. The second step will be to simply spend some personal time with God. Joy won't occur in our bodies, it occurs in our souls.

Once you CHOOSE to fill yourself with joy, your relationship with time will change. Nothing will be more satisfying than being able to say to yourself that you are exactly where you want to be. Joy is not a feeling, it is a decision. Choose joy!