What To Expect When You're Least Expecting

Put your needs before your wants.

225
Savanna Stevie

There is this saying that good things will happen when you're least expecting it. Whether this means you are going to meet the love of your life or win the lottery, good things come to those when the timing is right.

Now, this saying does not mean to stop searching for good things because good things are all around us, but it does mean to stop expecting some life-changing event to happen when you want it the most. That's not how it works. Everyone wants something in their life and that's normal, we all have our wants, but in this case, our needs must come before our wants and for most people, this is the hardest part to grasp. Let me explain.

For example, let's say your volleyball team has made it to the state finals and your team wants oh so badly to win. In order to win, although, you need to practice because without practice you cannot get better. Obviously, no one likes to practice, but you do it anyway because you know that it will bring you closer to winning the final.

Now, let's take this example and place it in real-life. No one wants to work at a crappy job every day just to meet ends meet, but this could be your practice so when that life-changing event happens to you and you start making real money at a real job, you will have the right work ethic and already know how to spend and save your money wisely.

Here's one more example. You have had your heart broken countless times and want already to find the love of your life. You are tired of waiting around for someone to knock on your door and take you into their arms and live happily ever after. Well, all that "waiting around" could actually be apart of your healing process and getting to know yourself better. So when the love of your life does come knocking on your door, you will be ready to be in that relationship.

It may sometimes feel like we have been having bad days after bad days, but those bad days will one day come to an end and that life-changing moment will be right there waiting around the corner for us. When that day comes, all those bad days will make that moment even better than we could ever imagine.

It's just like how that Rodney Atkins song goes, "If you're going through Hell, keep on going, don't slow down." We must push through these bad days because we know that tomorrow the sun will come up and bring brand new opportunities for us. It may not be the day your life turns around completely, or maybe it will be. We will never know unless we get ourselves up out of bed and continue living our lives.

Again, these bad days have a meaning behind them. No one would get anywhere in life if it weren't for some obstacles we must conquer through. We can't just expect life to go our way all the time because how boring would that be? No, these bad days make us stronger, even though we may feel weak when going through them. And just when we are least expecting it, a good thing will happen.