We need to speak up and stop being quiet.

Is Anyone Listening Anymore?

Why are we being quiet about the things that matter? And complaining about the things that don't.

10
Is Anyone Listening Anymore?

Everyone has either decided not to talk about politics, not to talk about racial profiling, nor the prison systems. No one wants to discuss or read about how straight white men are making decisions for women's bodies, the LGBTQ community, and ignoring the massive trans lives taken from us.

WHY?

Is anyone still listening? Keeping quiet doesn't change a thing; in fact, it only makes it worse. Have you seen what the "leader of this country" is doing? Not the things on the news, but the things the news ignores, the things that even he refuses to speak on. Why can't we talk about him? Why is it either for him or against him? Why isn't it for us? He is destroying us, and we are allowing it. The next set of candidates are only focused on defeating him and reversing what he has done, but what about the issues that will still be there? The issues that were there before he became president. Do you even know that he is trying to take away the law for re-elections every 4 years so he can stay in office for about 15 years?

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION NOW!

Children are going missing, getting killed, being abused, and now WE are choosing to force them to have children. What the hell is going on? What the hell are we doing? No, why the hell aren't we doing anything about it?

There are innocent men, women, and children from different countries seeking refuge from wars that are locked in cages under bridges, separated from each other like criminals waiting on a backlog of 2 years. They have been stripped of their rosaries, for what? People are talking about hoping karma comes back to those involved, typing from their living rooms and air conditions, but no one is actively fighting for them. Some of them have been out there for a year now. When I see storms in those areas, I try to send protection over them. Because at best, they are living in tents, and others under whatever they didn't have snatched from them.

The so-called "woke" ones are asleep at the damn wheel, and if you challenge them, its leave it up to the universe. No, being awake and aware is knowing you have the power to make a difference, the power to change. Don't let a "trend" make you forget to be loyal to yourself. If it doesn't sit right with you, speak up about it. Don't just change the channel.

STOP BEING QUIET!!!!

If you don't understand our reach, look to those who came before us who spoke up and stood up for what they believe in. Martin Luther King, Jr. was 25 when he started as a pastor for Dexter Avenue Baptist Church. He led the bus boycott at 26. Jack Andraka created a sensor to spot the presence of cancer cells at 15. Ann Makosinki, a 16-year-old created a Hollow Flashlight that converts body heat into lights without batteries or kinetic energy. Malala Yousafazai, started a blog at 11 voicing her opinion for girls to continue studying. The Braille System was created by 15-year-old Louis Braille. So, don't say you're too young, or too old. But if we don't start speaking up, our freedoms will start to fade away slowly.

You don't have to start a march or picket in front of the White House, but you can use your talents, and platform to speak up against injustice in the world. Stand up for what you believe in. Stop being silent. Start taking action and speaking out. We can change the world, but we have to start with us.