Your smile has the power to change the world
Life Stages

7 Ways a smile can change the world

Are you one of those that underestimate the power of a smile?

1124
https://unsplash.com/photos/1AhGNGKuhR0
Kathrin Kasperlik

Every morning you take a shower, you choose your outfit, you think about breakfast. But do you think about putting on your smile as well? Since I can remember, people comment on my smile. Apparently, I'm a smiley person and as I see, there are a lot of positive reactions coming back to me due to it. Lots of us forget, unfortunately, the power of a smile. Today I would like to share some ideas and inspire you to explore that power. Here is why you should start smiling right this minute.

1. You are more attractive

There is no doubt, you'll be more attractive when you smile! A smile is so much more worth than make-up, clothes or a good hair day. A smile will let you appear always more attractive.

2. A smile is contagious

Here comes the next special power: smiles are contagious. Whenever someone smiles at you, you'll probably feel more likely to smile back. So why not change the world and help the people around us to smile?

3. Feel good

I think that is one we all can agree on. Whenever you're smiling, you're probably in a good mood. The reason for that is simple: smiling simply makes you feel better.

4. Get sexy wrinkles

I know, wrinkles are something that we all don't want to have. It is something, however, that comes to all of us. Wrinkles leave permanent marks of our emotional feelings throughout life. Why not smile and leave permanent marks of happiness on your face?

5. Be efficient

A good friend of mine once told me that we use fewer muscles to smile than we do for frowning. I checked it, it's true. So why use so much more effort to frown when you can just smile and be more comfortable?

6. Make friends and care about relationships

Establishing healthy and genuine friendships is impossible without showing affection. Smiling is a key ingredient to build good and strong relationships. If you like someone, show them with a smile!

7. Be a hero

A smile can truly change the world, as it can change how another feels. A smile can give comfort and courage. A smile can be encouraging and relieving. A smile can make another's day better.

You've read it. Sounds good, isn't? Why not try, then? It can't be that hard. If you think you have nothing to smile about, visualize your happiest moments and relive your favorite hours. Try it and feel the power of a smile!