CES Plan

This is the detailed plan for CES.

From our research, I think that legislation is the biggest change factor facing companies in all the United States. Ultimately, legislation will be the area in which our company will be able to provide the most value to dealerships, as well as take advantage of the market.

With this in mind, it will be important for me to consult with experts in automotive legislation. Hence, I have decided to first reach out to the CADA (Colorado Auto Dealers Association) to gain a better understanding of the snow tire legislation. In effect this winter, "vehicles must have four-wheel or all-wheel drive, winter tires, or traction devices, like snow chains, between the months of September and June to prepare for winter conditions. The updated law also changed the minimum tire tread required for all winter tires from 2/16 to 3/16 of an inch deep for better traction, which you can measure at any local tire shop." Furthermore, 9News states; "If you've got a 2-wheel vehicle, I really can't stress this enough, you should invest in snow tires," McKinley said. Therefore, it will be critical for CES to establish ourselves in this group. This will mean reaching out to the two immediate contacts I have, and perhaps moving to some of the dealers on their board as well.

I plan to accomplish this by the end of November.

After this, it will be a matter of reaching out to the dealerships. What I plan to do is twofold. The dealerships I will target will be the ones that have a connection to CADA, and also dealerships located in the Denver Metro Area. This will allow me to drive there, should I need to, and these locations will also be the ones that will be most affected by the new snow tire legislation that has just been passed.

Once I have enough research performed, I can start cold-calling and reaching out after this. We will have about a month off for winter break, and this will be a prime opportunity to meet people in person. But I will need to have done a fair amount of preliminary phone call work and prepare myself to be at this point. So, I think it will be reasonable to allow myself until the end of November to familiarize myself with this snow tire legislation and conduct other relevant informational interviews.

Therefore, my timeline will look something like this:

November 18-30: Finalize preliminary legislative research, reach out P. H. and J. P. as well as to CADA reps. Create list of 200 or so car dealerships within the Denver Metro Area to cold call/email.

December 1-16: Conduct preliminary cold emailing campaign. Cold Calls if applicable as well.

December 17-31: Continue the cold calling and emails

January 1-13: Ideally, get into some dealerships and meet with people about this stuff.