The CDC And Trump Administration Are Preparing For A COVID-19 Vaccine By November 1
Currently

There are several vaccines that are currently in the final phases of trials.

1374

According to The Hill, the CDC and the Trump Administration are asking that states have distribution centers ready for a potential COVID-19 vaccine by November 1 of this year.

In a letter to state governments and health departments, CDC Director Robert Redfield said:

"The normal time required to obtain these permits presents a significant barrier to the success of this urgent public health program," Redfield wrote. "CDC urgently requests your assistance in expediting applications for these distribution facilities and, if necessary, asks that you consider waiving requirements that would prevent these facilities from becoming fully operational by November 1, 2020."

There are several vaccines that are currently in trials. According to Philly Voice, Moderna, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford are all in the final phase of clinical trials for their vaccines.

It is unclear if centers to get the vaccine will be up and running for the November 1 deadline or if any of the vaccines will make it past the third phase of clinical trials. However, with the presidential election happening on November 3, the vaccine would hypothetically come directly before it.

The FDA would still need to approve the vaccine and have taken direct actions to remain impartial and not a part of a political agenda.

So while there may be a vaccine ready to go it would still need that approval before it could be made publicly available.

From Your Site Articles