captain roy's south padre island texas

10 Reasons To Eat At Captain Roy's On South Padre Island Immediately

Nothin' like good ole Cap'n Roy's!

690
personal photo

Everyone deserves a vacation! Especially when there's good food involved.

1. The drive is only 7 hours!

https://www.pexels.com/photo/smartphone-car-technology-phone-33488/

From College Station to South Padre Island, the drive comes in just under 7 hours at 6 hours and 44 minutes. 405.7 miles to be precise.

2. Cap'n Roy is a legend

Everyone on the island knows Cap'n Roy! his food is amazing! his story stems from sweet humble beginnings of an experiment fisherman who's appreciation for food landed him the greatest restart on the island. He even has his own blues album!

3. Reel good food, reel good price, reel good to go!

personal photo

The quality, kindness, speed, low price, and customer service of Cap'n Roy, his food, and his employees are unparalleled by any other dining establishment in the DFW, padre, and CSTAT areas. I consider myself to be fairly proficient in the restaurant going. I may not a yelp queen, but ALL I AM SAYING is that you don't get thick like this by not eating well.

4. Meetin' the Cap'n.

upload.wikimedia.org

Cap'n Roy himself is often waiting outside in his sweet little hat to welcome hungry customers. There's nothing more jolly than a Cap'n Roy smile. The twinkle of his wise eyes reveals all the knowledge of an experienced sailor, restaurant owner, businessman, and quesadilla chef master.

5. YOU SHOULD SEE CAP'N ROY JR!!!

His son works there. A lot. Enough said. If I cannot become Mrs. Cap'n Roy, I can be Mrs. Cap'n Roy Jr.?!

6. They sell reasonably priced t-shirts!

Only 16 bucks for a high-quality Gildan shirt in the size and color of choice; but let us be honest, sporting Cap'n Roy's is priceless.

7. TMexican tacos

c1.staticflickr.com

They're full of magic, onions, cheese, cilantro, and a decadent juicy meat of your choice.

8. The friendly cat outside! :)

upload.wikimedia.org

There is a cute little kitty with a nipped ear that loves to be petted after a nice meal.

9. The purest of atmospheres.

c1.staticflickr.com

Cap'n Roys will make you feel like your right of the Fishermans wharf with the fresh seafood! Or maybe even in bikini bottom!

10. The BEST quesadillas you'll EVER have. Seriously.

I left this point last, because it is the most important. the quesadillas are like nothing this world has ever seen. Over spring break, I talked about Cap'n Roy's so much it became an inside joke all week!

I cannot help it, they're so CHEESY. Year after year, I beg him for the recipe. This year I got mild success. He merely listed a few basic ingredients (off the record), but it meant the world to me. I cannot betray the Cap'n, so I will keep it to myself.