Can We Do It? Yes We Can!

Can We Do It? Yes We Can!

The common misconception of women being weak, but do we do it to ourselves?

77
Can We Do It? Yes We Can!
history.com

I've always grown up in a world where girls are considered the weaker sex. Because we wear pink, wear makeup and high heels and sit with our legs crossed. That's what your stereotypical women looks like in everyone's head and I'm here to respectfully disagree. Why are girls conditioned from birth to adulthood what's "lady-like" and what isn't? Why are we taught that men carry things for us because we cant do it? In almost every movie roll, there's a damsel in distress. She's totally helpless and can't do anything for herself and she needs a man to be her knight in shining armor and come and save her when she is doing absolutely nothing to help the situation she's in. Why? My question is why couldn't she do that herself? Why does a man need to "save us" and "protect us"? Why do we need someone to carry our groceries for us? We can do it girls, we just don't believe that we can. We've been taught that mud and bugs are for boys and Barbies and bracelets are for girls. We do it to ourselves. I know so many girls that act weak and whiny because they've been taught that it "attracts a man". Girl, what? I recently became passionate about this topic after I read Charlieyy Chua's article "There's Nothing Worse Than A Girl Who Acts Weak" and I agree with her. Just because we are girls does not give us a free access pass to get guys and other people to do it for us when are completely capable of doing ourselves. She [Chua] states in her article "What you do is called being selfish. You CHOSE to have the mentality that you cannot change a light bulb. You CHOSE not to carry things you CHOSE to buy at the groceries store. I understand that guys like to help girls with things to prove their masculinity, and some girls like to be able to get that attention from guys, but this is going too far. You’ve slowly developed a deranged state of mind that makes you think that you’re weak and helpless and it is some how ATTRACTIVE." That'll preach.

I am not a feminist by any means, I believe that women have so many rights and they are still overlooked. Women don't need other people, especially men, to prove anything. Women can be independent and strong and that's what's really attractive. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I can't open a jar or figure something out or I see a spider (that is my weakness I will not mess with a spider I respect them too much to mess with them) and I do need help. That's not what the problem is. The problem is girls not even attempting to do something and immediately asking for help when they didn't even try. Girls, we are not weak. Sometimes we immediately think we can't do something and we wont ever try it. I'm here to tell you that we can do it. We are not weak, we are strong. WE always have been, it's always been in us, we just have yet to discover it. So discover your strength because the woman inside you is mighty.