Shout Out To All The Missouri State Campus Cats

Campus kitties, you make us feel whole again

6
Morgan George

Dear Campus Cats,

College is hard. We are away from our loyal companions that we have grown up with. We are away from our families and we are into some of the toughest times of our lives to date and we need some animal love and there you are. You are always hiding around by the bushes at the Strong Hall or on a bench under a tree, and if we are lucky, you will even bring your babies to see us too.

Campus cats we appreciate you. We love you. We worship you. You give us the companionship that we have been missing while at school and you always pop up when we least expect you to. Seeing you run across campus can make our day just because we saw you. Campus cats, you are the best way to spend those few short minutes between class or the best way to procrastinate studying.

Thank you for being so kind and sweet despite the cards that life has given you. Thank you for accepting all of our pets and treats of whatever bit of sandwich we brought for lunch that day. You are always there for us, sometimes in the same spot every day without fail. Knowing that we can always find you at your favorite campus spot is a relief on a tough day.

You bring us so much comfort. How you are able to show all of us equal, unconditional love is a mystery to me. You make every person feel like you are their own cat and we have become so personally invested in you.

Campus cats, you are a vital part to the college experience. You can cure sadness, loneliness, and stress all in a five minute petting session. Your purrs bring memories of our grandmas cat that we harassed growing up or of our neighborhood cat that we so dearly miss. You make us feel at home and loved, campus cats, and we cannot thank you enough for that.

Love,

Every Single College Student Ever