Let's Call a Ceasefire

Let's Call a Ceasefire

Why We Need To Stand Together.

30
Let's Call a Ceasefire
www.spaceonline.com

A few weeks ago, I came across a song. It was one of those "Where have you been all my life?!" type songs.

Anyways, as I continued to listen to the lyrics, I thought about how relevant the song is to today, especially when it comes to fighting. Not only physical fighting, but also verbal. Everywhere you look there is something going on, someone pointing a finger at someone else. Someone claiming to we need to make change, but creates more chaos. Mass shootings, stabbings, police brutality, while the list still goes on. We need to realize how bad the world is becoming with everyone pointing at each other. We need to understand our world has no great future if this continues! We need to stop pointing fingers at each other, and realize what that's doing to us as a whole. Playing the blame game isn't going to get us closer to our destination, but only further from it.

As a Christian, I am constantly contemplating on my words, what I do, how I react to people, how I acknowledge people, everything really. As a Christian, it is my duty to love those around me, not hate those around me. There are times when I stay quiet, but then there are times when I need my voice to be heard. Not all of us Christians are bad people, we are constantly given a bad reputation because of what has happened throughout history.

Now to love is one of the greatest things we must do as Christians, because God loved us enough to send his only son to die for us.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." John 3:16-17

Because God loves us through our sins, we must love those around us who are sinners, because we ourselves are sinners. We can't play the blame game, claiming to be the better person, just because we are Christian. Truly submitting to God and becoming a Christian, we fully submit ourselves to God, and in the end it's free will. For those who like to play devil's advocate by saying "If God is all good and powerful, then why is there evil and war in the world?" God has gifted each and every one of us with free will. God isn't a dictator, he gives us that choice to follow him.

Hate is in no form, part of being a Christian, because hate isn't from God. Hate is from the enemy.

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:13-14

It is written in the Bible forms of false teachers, those who want to deceive. Those who claim to serve God, but in reality are serving the enemy. It is hard to distinguish right from wrong a lot of times, but when you fully submit yourself to God, You'll know.

The song Ceasefire by For King and Country is all about submitting to God's grace, to stand together with God and ceasefire!