5 Things All Busy People Relate To

You're Probably Too Busy To Even Read The 5 Things All Busy College Kids Understand

Because we only spend our free time sleeping.

15
planner

With a competitive job market and financial worries always looming over one's head, there is always an emphasis on gaining experience and completing resume building activities, especially if you attend a university. With so many different opportunities and interests, you always run the risk of being over-involved and stretching yourself too thin. If you're anything like me, you're always looking for a new leadership position to get involved in and constantly trying to say "yes" whenever you're asked to do something else. Being ever so busy can be exhausting, but you know you would otherwise grow bored in your free time. However, if you do find yourself with free time, I'm sure you'll be able to relate to these 5 things:

1. Your planner is your best friend. 

Maybe you're a bit more tech-savvy and use an online calendar, but either way, you need some place to write down everything you have to keep track of. From work schedules to homework to events, there's no way you can make plans without double checking your schedule.

2. Caffeine is your second best friend. 

Since you're so busy, you usually compromise your sleep schedule, and now you're drinking coffee three times a day.

3. No one even knows how many extracurriculars you're part of.

You call your parents and mention a meeting you had and they say, "What club is that for? I didn't even know you were part of that."

4. Your social life (and sanity) always come last in your routine.

You always make plans to go out with your friends, but realize you have about five deadlines you missed from last week and can't go anymore.

5. You have to learn to say no, even when it sucks. 

Being super involved means that you have a limited amount of free time, so sometimes you have to say no to taking on another project because there's just not enough hours in the day.

Although you're sleep-deprived and stressed, you're probably (hopefully) mostly happy because you love the organizations you're a member of. However, remember to take time for yourself and the people you love; life isn't all about hard work.