Songs On Odyssey: Burn Baby Burn

Songs On Odyssey: Burn Baby Burn

Let it all just fade away

52
Songs On Odyssey: Burn Baby Burn

Here's a song for all those who need to leave behind something that is so unworthy of our stress and our worries and our emotions. Leave behind those negativities because once you empty your pockets of those rocks, you're ready to spread your damn wings and fly!

Burn Baby Burn

I'm waiting for somethin' excitin', yeah I can tell it's gonna be good. You know the sun is electrifying, made my heart beat flames all through the blood. Yeah, the scent of happiness is consuming senses, all desires. But the moon is out, and my song is on, and the flames are burning—they're burning strong. I'm a walking hazard, a heat of a blizzard, take one step forward, and fall into the fire.

Chorus: Burn baby burn. Go on and melt away—every thought I let devour me, every word you didn't say. Burn baby burn burn burn, I feel it now, the rush of the wind, on the flames that never will give in—see the passion in my eyes, at every turn. Somethin' exicitin' is happenin' now, and I'm not afraid to let you burn. Burn, burn, baby, burn.

Tear up the confetti till it's ready to be, just a pile of things you used. Tear up all the days that you promised the sun, because I found it now, without you. Tear up all the nights I spent watering thoughts, on my face, on my arms, on the sheets, on my scars, just waiting for me, waiting for you. Yeah burn it all, burn everything.

Chorus

Licking the ashes off crystal balls that never knew the future. I like asking them how they think of us now, and why they couldn't tell me sooner. I'll remember long ago what they said, how they believed in us the way we believed them. I'm ready to let go, I'm ready to say no, I'm moving on. This is my closure.