10 Best Songs From Bryson Tiller's 'Anniversary' And 'TRAPSOUL Deluxe' Albums

Five years since his debut album and I'm brought back to middle school.

21627
Wikimedia

To celebrate the five year anniversary of his debut album "TRAPSOUL" Tiller has released two new albums and these are my favorites from the release. The deluxe album includes songs that didn't make the cut from the debut album and the "Anniversary" album has brand new songs.

"Let Em' Know"

A smooth transition from "Intro (Difference)" this song is obviously towards an ex of his where Bryson ruined the relationship by not taking it seriously or being emotionally unavailable. Tiller lets it known that he isn't going to be holding back getting his ex back.

"Exchange"

This is probably the second most popular song from "TRAPSOUL" when it first dropped, it played on the radio for such a long time since it first dropped. The song title is a clever play on words by Tiller when he uses the lyrics "ex's change" in his second verse. This song is another one directed to an ex that he met back in college and he didn't take the relationship seriously by playing games with her. The song highlights the idea of him reminiscing of what could've been and playing with the idea of getting back together with them.

"Don't"

The hit single from his debut album, "Don't" earned over 70 million streams from his Soundcloud in less than a year. Rather than Tiller reaching out to an ex that he wronged, he is now wishing he could be with a girl who is being mistreated by her current boyfriend. Throughout the song, Bryson is continuously making his case to the girl about how much better he would treat her.

"Open Interlude"

The sixth song and interlude of the album, Tiller is finally having an open conversation with his girl where they're both going to be vulnerable and express themselves. The song is short, but gets the point across of how Tiller really feels about her and that no matter what issues they come across, everything will work out in the end for them.

"Ten Nine Fourteen"

This song is Tiller's way of reflecting of his newfound success since the release of his single "Don't" and how his life is vastly different now. Tiller expresses in the song that now he makes his songs in order to earn funds when before it was just for fun. He reflects on his life when he was working multiple jobs and almost getting kicked out to now collaborating with artists like Drake and producer Timbaland.

"Right My Wrongs"

The last song from the original album, Bryson Tiller wrote "Right My Wrongs" when he and his girlfriend got into an arguing over text while he was in the studio working on the album. The chorus of the song is sampled from the song "All Your" by Submotion Orchestra. The song is reflecting on knowing how his girl feels of feeling alone while he's busy with working on the album and all the scheduling conflicts that come with his newfound success as he was living in his car around the time he dropped the song "Don't". The song is Tiller's way of asking for help figuring out where he messed up and to repair their relationship and make her happy again.

"Self Righteous"

This song was one that didn't make the cut when the album first dropped, but Tiller has added this emotional song to the deluxe version. It is from Tiller's point of view of how he messed up the relationship with her and broke up as he felt it would be the best for her since he couldn't uphold his promises to her. In the track, he discusses how he misses her and how he's been working on his issues she told him about to be a better man for her. He wants another chance with her to make it up to her and prove that he has actually changed.

"Things Change"

Tiller takes this song as a way to talk about a failed relationship with a girl who reaches out to him to gain closure and find out where it went wrong. Bryson tells her that its time for her to move on and find someone else because if they tried pursuing the relationship again, it still wouldn't work out since they aren't the same people they were when they first got into the relationship. He doesn't want to get back with her and tries to make himself clear on this track.

"Inhale"

Bryson dropped the music video for this song last month and is the first single of the album. When he dropped the video, he announced that the new album would be coming in the fall, which gave us this anniversary album. It is sampled from "Not Gon' Cry" by Mary J. Blige and "All Night Long" by the trio group SWV. Tiller expresses how he still tries reaching out to his ex and despite being blocked, he still hopes that she misses him the same. In the song, it is obvious that Tiller had been going through a difficult time as his second album received negative remarks and felt that it didn't live up to the hype of the debut album and this is what caused him to take his time making a new album that would make him happy. In the music video, the contrast of colors from the red during the relationship represents the happiness the two of them still had versus the cold blue during the confrontation depicts the emptiness of the relationship and how the love that was once there is gone. Especially since Tiller shows he still wants to try again, she's done with him and the awkwardness between them can't be fixed.

"Next To You"

The last track of the album Tiller expresses how much he misses his girl and the distance between them is tough. However, Tiller is willing to wait it out for her and that he's just grateful that she's apart of his life. She's tired of the distance between them but he's okay just as long as she'll stay with him.

Bryson Tiller's songs resonate with lots of people due to the relatability as people have been through relationships like the ones in his songs. He has clever wordplay and doesn't make his lyrics too complicated as he wants his fanbase to understand what he's singing about. Tiller is a lowkey type of artist, with the release of these albums he brought back his archived posts on Instagram from 2015 and made promotional posts, obviously celebrating the five-year anniversary. He has collaborated with the likes of Drake, Rihanna, Travis Scott, and more. Despite not having many albums, Bryson Tiller has an impressive number of hit songs and respectable track.