Broadway Shows Taking Their Final Bows in the New Year

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

22
USA Today

Many people this year are happy to say goodbye to 2016 for a number of reasons. However, on the Great White Way, theatregoers and actors alike are sad to bid these 13 Broadway productions farewell. Get tickets soon before they leave!

Fiddler on the Roofcloses December 31, 2016

This Tony nominated revival of the classic tale about Tevye and his three daughters features new choreography, a time-traveling twist and a new reason to celebrate the tradition again!

Matilda The Musicalcloses January 1, 2017

The musical take on the beloved children’s book by Roald Dahl ends its three year run after winning five Tony Awards.

Something Rotten!closes January 1, 2017

This original musical will have your sides hurting by the middle of the first act. The fictional story of how the first musical was created by a pair of brothers looking to topple the popstar of playwrights, William Shakespeare, was nominated for 10 Tony Awards.

The Color Purplecloses January 8, 2017

The winner of Best Musical Revival features a powerhouse cast who effortlessly tell this tale of love overcoming unimaginable adversity.

The Encountercloses January 8, 2017

One of the most unique theater experiences this year, the one-man show takes audiences on a deeply immersive journey through the depths of the Amazon rainforest.

Jersey Boyscloses January 15, 2017

The beloved musical about the creation, success and breakup of The Four Seasons ends its 11-year run to the tune of sold out shows through closing and Dancing with the Stars’ Mark Ballas taking up the lead role of Frankie Valli.

The Humanscloses January 15, 2017

Six characters, four Tonys and three theaters later, the play lived up to its name as an unnerving sketch of a typical American family on Thanksgiving.

Also closing:
The Illusionists (1/1/17)
Les Liasions Dangereuses (1/8/17)
Falsettos (1/8/17)
Holiday Inn (1/15/17)
Oh, Hello (1/22/17)
The Front Page (1/29/17)