Why The Britney Stage Will Always Be Relevant

Don't deny it; almost every girl went through the Britney fan phase. I'm just still in it, and I always will be.

51
Meagan Hoard

I am not ashamed to share that Britney Spears is my home girl. I still have CDs of her early 2000s albums because I love her that much. When I just need some girl power, I could just pull up a Beyonce playlist. But sometimes, I need a sweet escape back to my adolescence; Britney is the girl I need. Here are five times Britney spoke (and speaks) to my soul:

1. "If there's nothing missing in my life, then why do these tears come at night?" -"Lucky"

This song so honestly depicts how we can easily present ourselves as happy to the world, but we know the true condition of our hearts. Things become the most real when no one is around.

2. "I'm Mrs. She's Too Big Now She's Too Thin
(You want a piece of me)" -"Piece of Me"

Although this song is from the perspective of a celebrity, girls everywhere can relate the impossible standards we held to. Some days it feels like no matter what I do, I can't please anyone. Britney feels that, and responds with some sass.

3. "Lollipop- must mistake me, you're a sucker" -"Womanizer"

Mean boys try to play you. But Britney ain't having it, and neither should I.

4. "I’ve had enough; I’m not your property as from today" -"Stronger"

Whether I may find myself in the midst of a bad relationship, or maybe allowing myself to be beaten down for the sake of inclusion, I must remember that nobody else should be able to dictate how I feel about myself. I will always be worth more than the subject of someone's manipulation.

5. "People can take everything away from you, but they can never take away your truth" -"My Prerogative"

No matter who society tries to make us out to be, we all are created uniquely and wonderfully different. In spite of the pressures to conform or the ridicule we may face, no one can ever take away our identity. But we still have to be sure to not allow ourselves to be lost in this crazy world.

So, whoever wants to take me to a Britney concert- let's go.