20 Something Year Old Boys, Can You Please Learn How To Be Men?
Politics

20-Something-Year-Old Boys, Can You Please Learn How To Be Men Now?

"I'll Make A Man Out of You" is now stuck in my head.

222
https://unsplash.com/photos/qEmlw7VZf7o

The old saying is men are like wine; they take a long time to mature. Women tend to mature at a much quicker rate and in comparison, it seems like we are constantly acting as babysitters to the men in our lives. If we want to date someone with maturity, we have to seek out older men, right?

Why is it that we have to avoid men that are our own age in order to have healthy relationships that are more serious than a high school fling?

Now, of course, I'm not talking about all men, but I do mean in a general sense. Ladies, how many times has a guy turned you off because his maturity level resembled that of a thirteen-year old's? It's happened to me dozens of times and honestly, I really need these men to catch up.

If I, as a woman, can act mature and something resembling an adult in my twenties, so can these men. It's a female thing, it's just a matter of growing up and seeing the world in a different light. We love guys who joke around and make us smile and laugh, but we also need a guy who can get serious and be our support. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Part of life is growing up and maturing and all I'm asking is for the process to be sped up a little.

To the boys in my life, I'm asking you to become men. Don't change your childish laughter, the way you make me laugh, or the very being of who you are. I'm just asking you to meet me halfway and stop being the boy in my life and start being the man in my life.

We deserve to have men to match our women. Enough with relationships ending because the guy is immature and can't seem to pull it together. Let your relationships flourish and for lack of a better phrase, MAN UP!

Women, start demanding these boys turn into men. If Mulan can do it, so can they. It's a matter of perspective and maturity.