My 5 Favorite Moments of the Ganon Boss Fight in 'Breath of the Wild'

After more than a year of playing the game on and off, I finally decided save Hyrule once and for all.

46
Nintendo

5. Getting All the Captured Memories

This main quest was a fun way of implementing our detectives skills all around Hyrule. After getting the 12 photos and finding their locations, Impa gives us a final one which reveals arguably the most emotional scene between Zelda and Link in the game, if not ever. And of course getting all 13 gives you a bonus cut screen after defeating Ganon.

Link, the Master Sword, and the Hylian Shield enter the Sanctum for the final fight.Nintendo

4. Exploring Hyrule Castle

Running away from Guardians might make this final challenge tricky, and the maze-like map is no help either but it does offer Link many treasures like the Hylian Shield, the best one in the game. You also get to see what Ganon has done to the place, making your final objective that much more fun.

The power of the Divine Beasts unleashed upon GanonNintendo

3. The Divine Beasts Being Put to Good Use

With all 4 beasts being given back to the champions, Ganon is on the weaker end of the fight as they take away half his health before the fight even starts. But don't feel bad for him, after all he has imprisoned Zelda for 100 years.

The Good and the Bad (and Ugly) finally come face to face after 100 years.Nintendo

2. Squaring Off Against Ganon Himself

It is what we have been waiting to do the entire game, and in my case 65 hours as that is how much time I have put into this game! Once Ganon is released from his cucun, the Divine Beasts have unleashed their attacks, and the Master Sword is pulled out, it's game on! And although it only took me about 10 minutes to defeat him in both his forms (those shield deflects were not working in my favor) it was a heart racing experience I won't soon forget!

Princess Zelda is released from Ganon after 100 yearsNintendo

1. The Princess is Finally Freed

The guilt I felt for not getting to Ganon sooner (again, 65 hours of gameplay previous to the fight) weighed on me until I finally decided I was ready to complete my task, save Hyrule and free the princess. Seeing Zelda and her knight in shining armor (or in this case Champion's Tunic) reunite after 100 years did bring a tear to my eye. After all the journey of Breath of the Wild' was over. That is I thought it was until I saw I only had 18% completion. Oh well, back to shrine hunting I go!

Note: All images above are screenshots of my gameplay of Nintendo's 'Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild'