Why Bots are making Social Media Unreliable?
Politics

Because they help spread false news faster than the real news.

120

People all over the world use social media extensively. This platform is not just used to share their day to day lives, but also the information they wish to share with the world.

In this news sharing journey, some bots have also entered which help spread a particular information faster than the other. And there are people who are using these bots for the wrong purposes. Whether it is about sharing a fake news, or creating some sort of panic. One just have to make a post and use bots to share that fake post all over the world.

Post reached to maximum people, and mission accomplished!

But with this, the social media as a whole has become highly unreliable now.

Difficult to distinguish fake from genuine

When the social media was first introduced, genuine posts were shared in large numbers and reached the other people. But now, since there are so many bots for social media available, the fake news also spreads at an equal pace and reaches to a wider audience. In some cases, fake news spreads faster than the real news, making people confused on what to believe.

How would a normal person now distinguish between what is fake, and what is genuine? The genuineness has completely gone from the posts today.

No more uniqueness

A person can simply copy another post and use the bots to share it faster and more than the previous original post. The uniqueness and personal touch has completely gone now. People believe in copying someone else's work and become popular themselves, by outsmarting the other.

The loss of uniqueness is also making many people frustrated enough.

Anything can go viral

There was a time when only relevant posts had the capability to go viral. Something that is interesting to watch, or interesting to know used to become viral. But now, the things that are viral, do not even make any sense. And that happens all due to these bots which the people use to make their posts viral.

You can no longer trust on any popular post or video now.