New And Old, Still The Same

New And Old, Still The Same

Here's to the new friends made and the one's I already have by my side.

8
New And Old, Still The Same
Michaela Nolan

One of my favorite things about going to Bonaventure is that my two older brothers are both alumni. Since I'm the only girl in my family, I can remember searching for things that we could possibly have in common and I have finally reached that conclusion — our love for Bonaventure. I love talking to them to get the inside scoop on places to eat around here, and teachers that they recommend taking. I would also like to thank them for the friends that they have made here, who have along the way become my friends as well.

Over the past weekend my brother got married and a lot of his Bonaventure friends were either in the wedding party, or in attendance. While I thought that meeting his friends would be a quick "Hi, I'm Shane's sister Michaela," this was not the case. This quick introduction turned into which dorm I was living in, the teachers I have, where I get food off campus and if the Hickey has updated their food choices. As I began to talk to people from Bona's I realized that the friends that I am making now at school will be the ones that will be by my side in the future. It was the little things that the alumni of Bonaventure did that weekend that made me realize that not only are my brothers' friends great to him, but also to me, who some may have only just met that day. It was one of them calling me "Young Cub" because apparently I know nothing about Bonaventure according to them. It was someone ordering me Dominoes at 1 a.m. — who wouldn't want a late time snack? It was being told that I was a "True Bonnie" because I was up till 3 in the morning with no problem.

So here is to the new friends that I made over the past weekend, but also to the ones that I currently have here at Bona's. Thank you for sticking with me during all of my salty times —you know exactly what I'm talking about. For listening to me complain all the time, about the same thing just on a different day. Thanks for not judging me when it's 1 a.m and I'm somehow wide awake, full of energy and standing on both my bed frame and my desk. Thanks for supporting me in always wanting either Chinese, grilled cheese or Ben & Jerry's ice cream — I take my food very seriously. So here's to the endless nights in Dev 264 to be spent doing homework, or lack there of, and just being around the best people a girl could ask for. Lastly, thank you for being you, because without you I don't know where I'd be!