30 Reasons Birds Are Just As Good As Dogs
Nature Animals

30 Reasons Birds Are Just As Good As Dogs, If Not Better

Caws > paws.

129
Sydney Butler

I don't think there is any child out there who hasn't begged their parents for a puppy at some point.

Every holiday, birthday, and random day, I would pop the question: "Mom, when can we get a puppy?" This question would lead my father to hop on the bandwagon and proceed to ask her the same question. It began with the fact that we didn't have time for a dog, but later, life would deal me a hand is that every animal lover's kryptonite–I am severely allergic to dogs and cats. As disappointed as I was with this newfound knowledge, I still didn't give up on finding a best friend. That was when both my mother and father told me about the birds they had, including the one that I was too young to remember.

So for you, here are 30 reasons birds are just as good as (if not better than) dogs.

1. They are colorful

There's a bright, happy-colored friend for everyone.

2. ...Inside and out

Their personalities are so much bigger than their bodies.

3. They can do cool tricks

From riding tricycles to talking on command, these small creatures are talented as all get-out!

4. They can also be complete derps

My bird once bathed in my Honey Nut Cheerios.

5. They love to explore

Just be careful not to lose them.

6. They will accompany you to do anything

My grandfather used to tell me stories about his parakeet that would sit on his shoulder while he mowed the lawn.

7.  Birds can talk

Have you ever taught a bird to sing "Oh, baby, baby," like Pitbull and T-Pain? I have.

8. Birds can fly

Even if they didn't have wings, this still counts right?

9. But at the end of the day, they always find a way to get around

How slow do turtles actually go when you're both the same size?

10.  You don't have to let the bird outside

I won't be freezing my butt off while walking a dog or bringing it back inside when there's four feet of snow.

11. They come in all sizes

From parrots to parrotlets, big and small, there's a size for everyone.

12. They love to share your food

Some of my bird's favorites include ramen and peanut butter.

13. Birds pose for pictures

Most breeders take update photos of their babies to send to the people buying them. Because of this, some of the birds know how to recognize a camera and will actually strike a pose for a photo. This one's almost ready for his photo shoot.

14. They are masters of disguise

Bunny? No, bird! Bamboozled again.

15. And they have combat skills like ninjas 

Fatality! Finish him!

16. Everything is a toy

One of mine loves talking to people's fingers.

17. They love to dance

To quote Jason Derulo, "Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle."

18. But tap dancing is their favorite

Tippy taps! Some feathered friends just like the way their feet sound on a surface.

19. Head scratches are always appreciated

Oh yeah, that's the spot!

20. So much so that they offer head scratches to others

Share the love.

21. After bath time, they are professional hair stylists

Creativity is key.

22. They are the best partners in crime 

This can be our little secret.

23. Everyone is a friend

I've seen them talk to spoons for hours.

24. Birds are cultured in the performing arts

Did I mention they were talented?

25. And they are always ready to party

Birds are proficient head bangers. I don't know how they don't hurt themselves.

26. They make the best actors

Who did it better? Dog or bird?

27. Some are even movie stars

Michael Bay who?

28. They love naps 

But really, who doesn't? Maybe that's why we get along so well.

29. Birds will always support you

Even if they have no idea what is going on, they love you.

30. They are my best friends

Sydney Butler

Meet my boys, Lloyd and Perseus.