Bid Day As New Girl

Your Bid Day, As Told By 'New Girl'— Because That's Exactly What You Are

Bid day is like your birthday, Christmas, and the best party ever rolled into one.

1391

There's an immense about of anticipation and anxiety surrounding the final moments of recruitment. Jess, Nick, Schmidt, Cece, Winston, and Coach understand. After recruitment, you will want to play one long game of True American.

1. The Moments Leading Up to Bid Day 

media.giphy.com

It is truly torturous because you never know what might happen.

2. When You Have to Sit on Your Bid Card

media.giphy.com

Aka the longest moments of your life.

3. When They Tell You That You Can Finally Open Up Your Bid 

media.giphy.com

Your heartbeat picks up, your eyes go wide, and suddenly you can't open an envelop anymore without fumbling.

4. Your Initial Reaction 

media.giphy.com

It is just screaming and crying and more screaming.

5. Finding Everyone in Your PC 

media.giphy.com

Suddenly some of the girls you went through recruitment with are the girls in your pledge class!! You get this awesome, instant connection with them and are constantly asking, "Wait, what was your name again?"

6. When You Finally Run Home 

media.giphy.com

You are so tired at this point but the act of running home to your sisters fuels you to run faster than you ever have before.

7. Attempting to Find Your Name On A Sign in the Crowd 

media.giphy.com

There is so much confusion and screaming and glitter that you suddenly lose the ability to read clearly.

8. When You Finally Find Your Bid Day Buddy 

media.giphy.com

Everyone is screaming and you have an urge to jump into everyone's arms because you are so excited!!

9. Taking One Million Photos 

From every angle, pose, and props imaginable. And you also gain 100 Instagram followers overnight.

10. Attempting to Learn All the Chants 

media.giphy.com

And trying not to feel guilty when you mumble over some parts even though they are super easy to learn.

11. When You Get to Dance With All Your Sisters 

media.giphy.com

12. When You Have to Leave 

media.giphy.com

"So, you're telling me the party has to stop? But I don't WANT to leave!!"

13. Trying to Scrub Off the Glitter in the Shower

media.giphy.com

It is impossible and every sorority girl knows this. You find it hours, days, even weeks later still in your hair and skin.

14. When You Realize You Get to Go Back the Next Day

media.giphy.com

HECK YEAH. PANLOVE, BABY!!

You are stressed and scared about bid day, but it is truly worth it, in the end, to see the faces of all your sisters as you run home and they welcome you to the family. Sororities sometimes get a bad reputation, but at their core, they cultivate and encourage strong girls to find a loving community. Bid day is the start of getting to know your family and people who will inspire and lift you up. Going through recruitment is confusing and you second guess your choices often, but after bid day, you can't imagine being anywhere else.