14 Bible Verses To Get You Through A Panic Attack

He will love, be with, and protect me. And that's just the beginning.

63951
Instagram

If you're like me, panic attacks come strong and often. Sometimes, I can't pull myself out of them but other times I can. When I focus on the good, calm, peaceful presence that is God, sometimes I can calm down. These are some of the Bible verses that I use to pull myself through.

1. Isaiah 43:2 (NIV)

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. "

2. Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV)

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

3. Matthew 17:20 (NIV)

"He replied, 'Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.'"

4. Psalm 23:4 (NIV)

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

5. John 13:7 (NIV)

"Jesus replied, 'You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.'"

6. Romans 8:18 (NIV)

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. "

7. 2 Timothy 1:7 (NIV)

"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline."

8. Psalm 147:3-5 (NIV)

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. 4 He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name 5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit."

9. Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'"

10. Jonah 2:2 (NIV)

"In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me. From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry."

11. Exodus 20:20 (NIV)

"Moses said to the people, 'Do not be afraid. God has come to test you so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.'"

12. Psalm 121:2 (NIV)

"My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

13. Jeremiah 29: 11 (NIV)

"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. '"

14. Matthew 6:34 (NIV)

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. "

Searching through my Pinterest, looking for calming verses accompanied with peaceful landscapes, makes me feel better. It's nice to know that God knows what I don't. He understands what I don't, and makes it worth it in the end. I'm loved, and not supposed to know everything like I'd like. I hope you find peace in Jesus Christ too.