I Cast My Anxieties On The Lord Because My Trust Is In Him
Christianity

I Cast My Anxieties On The Lord Because My Trust Is In Him

Take a deep breath, relax, pray, feel the presence of God, and lay your worries down at the feet of Jesus.

742
Jenny Roberto

Have you ever been anxious or worried and felt like it was too much to bear? Has this feeling left you not knowing where to go, or where to turn? Trust me, I've been there, and I'm sure many of us have. No matter how old you are or what you've experienced in life, there are many things that can have us worried on a daily basis.

This could be the amount of homework that needs to get done, a job that is making you stressed out, tension within your friend group, or feeling like you "aren't good enough"?

The last one especially is a lie from Satan himself — he is the one who wants us, God's children, to feel his unwanted wrath. It is important that we focus on the good and plentiful opportunities in life, and not dwell on the things that tear us down.

These Bible verses have really helped me through the times in which I feel completely anxious, and am in need of the Word of God.

1. Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (NIV)

2. 1 Peter 5:7

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." (NIV)

3. Matthew 6:25-27

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" (NIV)

4. Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (NIV)

5. John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (NIV)

6. Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (NIV)

7. Psalm 55:22

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken." (NIV)

8. Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (NIV)

My all-time favorite.

9. 1 Peter 3:14

"But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear their threats, do not be frightened." (NIV)

10. Isaiah 40:31

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (NIV)

11. Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (NIV)

12. Psalm 94:19

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." (NIV)

11. Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord will all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." (NIV)

Matthew 7:7-8 says, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." There are three keywords that you should take from this verse—"ask," "seek," "knock." The kingdom and greatness of the Lord our God are coming your way. His arms are wide open. Ask, and you shall receive.