Beyonce’s Spicy New Single ‘Formation’ Is This Year's 'Black Power' Anthem

The song that has been labeled this year’s “Black Power” anthem.

43
ThatGrapeJuice.Net

And Beyoncé does it again! Bey dropped her new single, “Formation,” on TIDAL and, of course, no one saw that coming but, nonetheless, people were not surprised. It was rumored that she was scheduled to perform her new single at the Super Bowl 50 halftime show, but the songstress decided to give it to us anyway.

The song has been labeled this year’s “black power” anthem and speaks to messages on black identity, the racial issues that have taken over modern day America and many other issues regarding the Black Lives Matter movement. She also addressed rumors about her daughter, her marriage and even the ongoing stories of how she is involved with the Illuminati. Beyoncé is notorious for keeping quiet, but “Formation” is far from your everyday club banger.

“Formation” opens up with Beyoncé sitting on top of a police car that was sunken in a flood, but that is only the beginning.

The video was set in New Orleans, and it pretty much speaks for itself. Throughout the video, you see shots of the wreckage from Hurricane Katrina, as well as images of Martin Luther King Jr., a graffiti wall with the words “Stop shooting us,” and her daughter Blue Ivy playing with two other beautiful little girls.

It’s pretty clear that Beyoncé is fed up, and what better way to express that than to release a song?

Take a listen below: