11 Amazing Podcasts To  LIsten To Between Classes

11 Amazing Podcasts To Listen To

"Listening is a master skill for personal and professional greatness." -Robin S. Sharma

132
https://unsplash.com/photos/k3kdc5MQYyk

I love listening to people talk nearly as much as I enjoy avoiding talking to people on the way to class so, for me, podcasts are my perfect match. If I could avoid television and movies altogether, I would, because I don't like having to pay attention to something with my eyes and my ears when I could focus my eyes on something else.

1."The Daily Show with Trevor Noah: Ears Edition"

Trevor Noah is one of my favorite comedians. He is a little closer to my age than most late-night show comedians, he has brought the tradition that was gifted to my parents' generation by David Letterman, to my generation. This podcast is just the audio recording of his late-night show that I find more convenient because the show isn't always available to me.

2. "Unsolved Murders"

I find mysteries fascinating and unsolved murders are about as mysterious as you can get because the victim can't give you any insight into who committed the heinous crime. The podcast gives all the known information on the murder, from a short biography about the victim to go through all the evidence and wrapped up in the suspects.

3. "TED Talks Daily"

I have learned so much from TED Talks in the past year since I discovered them. The speakers give you their insight on a subject and they give in such a way that you never even though of looking at it before.

4. "Female Criminals"

Generally, we don't see women as criminals. As a society, we see them as mothers and nurses and maids and teachers and secretaries and the list goes on. Women can be so many things but not evil? Anyway, this podcast goes into the subject of female criminals. From Bonnie Parker of "Bonnie and Clyde" to Griselda Blanco, aka the "Cocaine Grandmother."

5. "Song Exploder"

If you are one of those people who get so into music that it's hard to get out, this podcast is for you. The host brings in the writers and performers of popular songs at the moment. He leads them into explaining where they were when inspired or how they were messing around with a piano when finding the chords. It's just fascinating how the writers go from tinkering around on a keyboard to a four-minute-long chart-topper.

6. "Stuff Mom Never Told You"

I started listening to this show because I recognized the name from their connected YouTube channel that I used to watch religiously, years ago. This show explains everything that your mother didn't know at your age. They assist you in navigating society successfully.

7. "TED Radio Hour"

I promise that this is not the exact same as "TED Talks Daily," in addition to TED Talks alone, they include discussions between the hosts about the subject on hand. They also play multiple "Talks" that have similar themes and then compare the two and create one of those mind-blowing moments that you will run into more and more in life as you get older.

8. "Adam Ruins Everything"

This podcast is the "after show" of the comedy-based info show that ruins everything you thought to be true in life, in which Adam Conover interviews the experts from the show further on their field, which is fascinating. Because of the lack of script the conversation flows into intriguing, intricate place that you never thought you would encounter.

9. "Adult Sh1t"

This show is hosted by two Buzzfeed writers, Kelsey Darragh and Kate Peterman for the first season of the show. They discuss everything that you would never speak about in public and especially not in front of your mother. They laugh and talk in all seriousness about "ho-cations" and introduce new ways of looking at life.

10. "Cults"

"Cults" like "Unsolved Murders" is produced by Parcast Network, which is why they have similar formats. All episodes are split into two parts. One part explains the foundation of the cult and gives a background on the life of the leader. The other part explains the heinous crimes and the aftermath of their actions. It gets a little morbid with some reenactments but is an incredibly high quality that keeps you drawn into the story. This is one of my favorites and my favorite episode is "The Manson Family."

11. "Not Too Deep with Grace Helbig"

Grace is my favorite. I have been watching her on YouTube forever so when I found out she had a podcast I was so down. During her show she discusses different pop culture topic with everyone from fellow YouTubers to her best friends to famous actors. She and her niche in comedy are hilarious and hope she continues until the end of time.

I love listening to podcasts not just because I'm lazy, but because I feel like not being distracted by visualizations, open you up to be able to process the information. It lets you imagine the story the way you want to.