10 Things Everyone Loves About New Jersey, Even If You Hate New Jersey

10 Things Everyone Loves About New Jersey, Which Is Nothing Like 'Jersey Shore'

No, it's not all like the cast of "Jersey Shore."

335
Natasha Trivedi

I love living in New Jersey. However, the state kind of has a bad rep. Although NJ might not seem like the best place to live, there's nowhere I'd rather be born and raised. This list would never end if I were to tell you all the great things about the Garden State, so here's 10 of them.

1. Six Flags Great Adventure

Yes, I know there are Six Flags parks all over America, and that they're all amazing. However, their New Jersey park is the best one, and I'm not just saying that because it's close to home. When an amusement park is home to the world's tallest and second fastest roller coaster, it's pretty tough to beat.

Natasha Trivedi

2. The Beaches

While the cast of "Jersey Shore" is nothing like what people from New Jersey are actually like, the Jersey shoreline itself is iconic. No matter which beach in New Jersey you visit, you are sure to have a great time.

Natasha Trivedi

3. Atlantic City

There's a reason why this vibrant town is a popular tourist spot. With a beach, beautiful hotels, shows, and casinos, no trip to New Jersey is complete without visiting Atlantic City.

SEE ALSO: 20 Things That Happen When A Jersey Person Leaves Jersey

4. New York City and Philadelphia

While neither of these cities are actually in New Jersey, most places in New Jersey are relatively close to both of these iconic places, making a quick visit to either an easy trip.

Natasha Trivedi

5. Princeton

Not only is it a bustling college town, but you could spend hours doing so many different things in this beautiful place. With the university, dining options, and shops, you could never get bored.

6. Carlo's Bakery

Yes, the bakery from "Cake Boss." It may take a while to get in, but I promise you it's worth it.

7. MetLife Stadium

Both the New York Giants AND Jets play at this (surprisingly enough) New Jersey Stadium. Even if football isn't your thing, this huge stadium is a cool place to visit.

Natasha Trivedi

8. Shopping

No sales tax on clothes? Yes, please.

9. Icons were born here

Do the names Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi ring a bell? Clearly, New Jersey is home to some pretty amazing people, just saying.

10. The Food

We kinda invented ice cream cones. You're welcome.