The 8 Best Things About Being Home For Winter Break

A break from classes is great, but these things make it even better.

17
Next Avenue

Now that the semester is over, students can have a break from classes. During this time, many choose to go back home to enjoy their break. While you may miss campus and your college friends, there are positives about being home for winter break. Here are my favorite eight things about being home for winter break.

1. Being able to sleep in your own bed.

After months of sleeping on a mattress that felt like a rock, you finally get to sleep in your own comfortable bed.

2. Having a home-cooked meal.

Campus food can only satisfy you for so long. Getting food from home is always better than eating food from the dining halls.

3. Seeing your friends from home.

Whether your friends still live in your hometown or if they also have left to start their future, going back home is always a great way to catch up.

4. Spending time with your family.

Even if your family starts to drive you crazy, you still are glad that you are home and get to spend time with them.

5. Getting to see your pets.

The downside of living in a dorm is you are unable have your pets with you. The bright side of being home is you get to spend five weeks of cuddling them every chance you get.

6. The break from classes, obviously.

Everyone deserves a break after the semester is over.

7. Going to your favorite hometown places.

Whether you have a certain restaurant or hangout spot, there is always a place that you like to spend your time when you are home.

8. Not sharing everything with a roommate.

No matter how much you and your roommate get along, it is always nice to have your personal space again.