11 Best Late-Night Food Options At Sacred Heart

When 11 p.m. rolls around, be sure to experience these Pioneer favorites.

82

It's no secret that going to bed early is not a common activity at college. In fact, there are some nights where sleep doesn't even cross your mind. However, the one thing that will snap you out of the trance of your anatomy or accounting books is the most powerful force in any young adult's life — food. Sacred Heart University is known for its rigorous academic structure, so there are definitely nights when dinner is at 11 p.m. or later. But there are also the weekend nights that would not be complete without a final stop at Linda's before hitting the sheets. When this happens, be sure to look out for these legendary food options:

1. Linda's Pizza Station

There's nothing more beautiful in this world than watching someone make you a personal-sized pizza exactly how you want it.

2. Linda's French Fries and Chicken Tenders

If you say you haven't gone to Linda's at 1 a.m. on a Saturday for a to-go box of fries and chicken fingers, you're lying.

3. Linda's Black and White Cookies

You take the black side while your roommate takes the white side. Nothing screams "friendship" more than splitting a black and white cookie.

4. Linda's Fro-Yo

If it's a good flavor in the machine, it's going to be a good night.

5. Bacon/Sausage, Egg and Cheese

These beautiful works of art are made all day, every day. (Recommendation: ask for a hashbrown)

6. Outtakes' Ben & Jerry's Freezer

For the nights when finishing a full pint of ice cream sounds perfectly acceptable.

7. Mondo's Sandwiches

For all of us Pioneers across the street at CWC, this place was a blessing. You will be missed, Mondo's.

8. Merritt Canteen

This off-campus eatery is the most legendary after-outing spot. Mac 'n cheese bites, onion rings and a black and white milkshake complete the night without fail.

9. The $5 Fruit Cups

Good thing we're on a meal plan, right?

10. Linda's Quesadillas

Late nights = a chicken and cheese quesadilla with a side of sour cream and salsa.

11. Linda's Chicken Caesar Wraps

All the greatness of Linda's Caesar salads in a toasted wrap with a side of Linda's house-made chips.

As far as college food goes, the dining halls and surrounding restaurants at Sacred Heart never fail to relieve a night of studying or even end a great night out. If anything, these places give us somewhere to go and socialize when the dorm walls start closing in, and that's perfectly good enough for me.