To My Best Friend I Parted Ways With

To My Best Friend I Parted Ways With

“Goodbye?! Oh no, please! Can't we go back to page one and do it all over again?" - Winnie the Pooh

391
To My Best Friend I Parted Ways With
YouTube

We had known each other our whole lives through the love we shared for the same sport, playing at rival schools, but we never truly knew each other until the day we met. When we first met we were both in a rough spot. Me a junior and you a senior at a college neither of us were too fond of being at, both trying to find ourselves. I was NOT happy with were I was and wanted a change, but you... you were so carefree and happy with life, not caring about your situation. When they say opposites attract, they aren't over exaggerating because it happened. Our personalities clicked, and we instantly became best friends. We were inseparable, connected at the hip. Whether we were just hanging out or having a night out on the town, we had a blast together no matter what was on the agenda. We were the definition of best friends. We became so happy and were so wrapped up in having fun that neither of us worried too much anymore about the situation we were in. But that would soon change.

We began to drift apart. The fall turned to spring, and things began to change. I met a guy who would soon be the love of my life, and my time with you began to be less and less. At first we still had fun, but I soon began to realize I wanted more out of life. I wasn't accomplishing anything with school, the softball was a waste of my time, and the whole thing became a joke. I was going nowhere fast, and I knew it was time for a change. I wanted to experience more of life, have a job, finish school, get engaged, etc. You, on the other hand, were definitely not ready for any of that. You wanted to take on the world, travel, be rich, party, and just plain ole have fun with life. That's were we began to go our separate ways.

Once spring turned to summer, things really changed. I changed schools, got a job, and began to take life more seriously. We tried to hang out, but after a while it got too hard. We would make plans at the beginning of the week, but by the weekend, I would cancel saying I was too tired but that was only partially true. I was tired, but it was more about the fact I just didn't want to go out on the town. I was no longer a party girl. I had a good job and an amazing boyfriend, and I was so happy with the way life was going. I wanted to hang out with you, sleep over, watch movies, sit and giggle through the night, but I just didn't want to go out anymore. That's were the trouble was. After a few weeks, our friendship just stopped, and we haven't spoken since. You thought I was choosing my boyfriend over you, and maybe I was, but I choose to believe that we just wanted different things. I didn't want our friendship to end. I miss our long talks full of gossip and laughter. I miss having you to talk to about things I couldn't talk to anyone else about. I just miss YOU. I am sorry we grew apart. I hope everything is going well, and hopefully one day our paths will cross again.

Love,

Your Long Lost Friend